Albany NY HD Locals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

wkomorow

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Jun 7, 2004
Berkshire, MA
Am I the only one having problems with WNYT-HD? It is jittery - basically unwatchable and the lip sync is way off. I wrote to both to Dish and WNYT and neither seems to think there is a problem. I am also having an issue with WTEN-HD - at least on occasion it seems washed out compared to the SD version. HDNET, etc are stunning, so I do not think it is my TV.

I am having the issue with WNYT-HD. The channel is pretty much unwatchable. I was giving Dishnet some time to work the kinks out. I guess I'll have to give them a call. Some other Albany folks on other forums have mentioned the same issue, so I think it is not isolated to just a few. Hopefully they will get it fixed, and add the other two HD locals.

Emailed WNYT about this , they replied the problem is not with their equipment, and didn't know when Dishnetwork would come and repair it.

WNYT has been fixed and the picture is unreal - it is spectacular 1080i - watching the Tonight Show. Does anyone know if the issue with WRGB - has to do with WCWN or WNYA? I wrote to WXXA and they replied that Dish is the hold-up.

Last edited:
I talked to a Dish CSR yesterday, and she mentioned that there was no formal report in their system about this issue. She filled one out, so hopefully that got the ball rolling. Glad to here it's fixed.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)