Aldephia

Yes I am talking about the one in ohio. I still have adelphia. They haven't switched me over yet.

i'm in north carolina and they still havent switched me over yet either, even the adelphia logos are still present on the program guide

The acquisition is complete but it may take them a month or so to switch over the name and more than that to begin changing equipment and programming.

actually I was told by a technician that the software part would be done in my area by the end of the month, and the hardware would be done by late october early november, we'll see

You will NOT see any big changes for sometime. Don't know what you mean by "software part" and don't expect hardware changes too soon either, regardless of what you were told. TW has stated the only thing customers will soon soon is *billing* changes.

by "software" I mean the adelphia logos will be gone and replaced by the twc logos, channels rearranged, and W_Tracy_Parnell what do you mean get out while you can!, is twc that bad?, they cant be as bad as adelphia was, and from the looks D* & E* cable will be the only option for full rez hd channels

miff said:
by "software" I mean the adelphia logos will be gone and replaced by the twc logos, channels rearranged, and W_Tracy_Parnell what do you mean get out while you can!, is twc that bad?, they cant be as bad as adelphia was, and from the looks D* & E* cable will be the only option for full rez hd channels
Cable will face the same bandwirth constraints satellite has once there are 80-90 "viable" HD Channels Comcast is already struggleing in some areas

It will be some time before Adelphia systems are converted to the TWC billing/control system. That system is complicated in my opinion. And until then, TWC does not have simple control of the boxes, authorization, billing, etc. of Adelphia systems. Remember, they are running TWO separate, and mostly incompatible cable systems. The integration will take months, and the plant upgrades in many areas will take years. Some areas of Adelphia were complete junk. Some of their old line extenders are the size of fiber nodes today and some areas are not even two-way. Really, really outdated in some areas.

As far as capacity goes, yes, cable does face some issues. Not as much as satellite in my opinion, because cable can and will do Switced Video Broadcasting which is very, very similar to what Uverse is doing. Only sending the channel your box requests to your house, instead of the whole lineup at the same time--hogging up bandwith. Last I checked, DBS can't do that. : )

Well I know one thing, and that is when the switch happened, my cable box went bad. I have the Motorala HD-DVR that just decided that it doesn't want to work anymore.

I did notice before it stopped working, that TWC had added at least one new HD channel. Adelphia here stunk when it came to HD... NBC, ESPN, Showtime, Discovery, INHD, INHD2 and that's it. At least now we have TNT. Hopefully they fix my problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)