Alexa (Echo) Hopper integration

Got my sister a Dot during the Prime Day sale. Set it up on my sisters Hopper this evening. Got the basics of it going. Still more playing around with the commands to figure out what does what.

So, added the Dish skill, went to my Hopper menu and found the Alexa option, got the code, enter it into the app, my Hopper says my Dish account is connected with Amazon, I hit the next button on the app, and I get Activation Code unsuccessful and to try the Get Code option again. Did that 4 times in a row, with the same results. Any help?

Also, will this only control my Hopper 3 or can it also operate my 4K Joey?

So, added the Dish skill, went to my Hopper menu and found the Alexa option, got the code, enter it into the app, my Hopper says my Dish account is connected with Amazon, I hit the next button on the app, and I get Activation Code unsuccessful and to try the Get Code option again. Did that 4 times in a row, with the same results. Any help?

Also, will this only control my Hopper 3 or can it also operate my 4K Joey?

Did you try to use Alexa anyway? I have a long history with signing into amazon for registering and getting an unsuccessful result only to find it did go through. Just happened again when registering my HD tablet, happened when registering my Alexa controlled sprinkler controller.

Now that's something I'd find useful! Brand/model?

An excellent controller with a very good app to control it from anywhere plus Alexa.

On Amazon
Orbit 57946 B-hyve Smart Indoor/Outdoor 6-Station WiFi Sprinkler System Controller, Works with Amazon Alexa

Reactions: Almighty1
The 12 station version is $20 more. Amazon product ASIN B01D15HOTU
I don't have a sprinkler system but what does station mean exactly?
That would be nice to have. I have my sprinkler system rigged up with a remote control. Comes in super handy when working the zones during maintenance and blowing out the water before winter time.

Reactions: Tampa8
Ok. I'm just not "getting" it. I thought this would send a wifi signal to a valve on a hose bib to turn on and off the water.

I gather that is not the case

How does this control the water? Does it assume you already have an automated system that is hard wired?

Ok. I'm just not "getting" it. I thought this would send a wifi signal to a valve on a hose bib to turn on and off the water.

How does this control the water? Does it assume you already have an automated system that is hard wired?
I see it as a replacement for my existing Rain Bird control panel. It's hard wired, and you can set a schedule like you normally would, with the added wifi benefits of changing the schedule remotely through an app or Alexa. Also, tell it to stop while running, or start a particular zone at any time "Alexa, tell Orbit to water zone 2 for 20 minutes"

It's for a sprinkler system where the heads are controlled by wires underground to a junction point. You use any one of hundreds of controller boxes, this one as well as being a very good digital controller also can be controlled via wifi - and Alexa. It's been a significant way to save on water by being able to control it at will when away for several weeks over the Summer. If it rains I don't turn it on.

You won't keep the Hopper paired with Alexa for long. The Dish skill overwrites "Alexa stop" functionality which is totally unacceptable.

You won't keep the Hopper paired with Alexa for long. The Dish skill overwrites "Alexa stop" functionality which is totally unacceptable.

If you mean while a recording is playing and you have Alexa doing something else did you try another term like END? Or Alexa Stop music etc? Also that's how skills work if one is being used then the terms will apply to the skill. Unless I'm not understanding what you mean. In addition if you are using a different Echo it would be totally independent.

Reactions: murphaleen
If you mean while a recording is playing and you have Alexa doing something else did you try another term like END? Or Alexa Stop music etc? Also that's how skills work if one is being used then the terms will apply to the skill. Unless I'm not understanding what you mean. In addition if you are using a different Echo it would be totally independent.

Any idea if Alexa is able to control a Joey? Daughter has MS and it would be a big plus if she could change channels by voice command.

Any idea if Alexa is able to control a Joey? Daughter has MS and it would be a big plus if she could change channels by voice command.

To my knowledge it must be a Hopper or Wally. If that is true wouldn't be worth it to get the Hopper where your daughter is and put the joey where the Hopper was?

Reactions: charlesrshell
To my knowledge it must be a Hopper or Wally. If that is true wouldn't be worth it to get the Hopper where your daughter is and put the joey where the Hopper was?

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond. In my case, moving the Hopper isn't really feasible for our home's setup. Guess I'll just hope that Dish will consider a way to integrate Joey with Alexa.

Reactions: Tampa8
Thanks so much for taking the time to respond. In my case, moving the Hopper isn't really feasible for our home's setup. Guess I'll just hope that Dish will consider a way to integrate Joey with Alexa.

Think it over, unless you are using a wireless Joey because there is no way to get a connection there it really doesn't matter all that much if the Joey or Hopper are in which room. It may take a minor change in wiring. After changing rooms around my Daughter decided to leave the Hopper in the den which was the TV room and put a Joey in the TV room that was the den rather than change things around because it really didn't matter.
Hope it works out for you and your daughter.

Reactions: KAB

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts