ALI Editor ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TRG

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 19, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
I'm having a problem with the ALI editor. I go to edit a channel, channel name for example then click OK. Although I hadn't changed any of the audio parameters (they are greyed out anyway) I get the following. "Audio Pid1 invalid." Followed by, "Audio Pid2 invalid." Followed by, "Audio Pid3 invalid." Then when I view the line in the table it shows the three Audio Pis' set to zero. If I try to go back and edit the same channel again the fields are not accessible (greyed out). Any ideas?

UPDATE: This problem only occurs when editing a channel with AC-3 audio. The PID numbers are the numbers scanned in by the receiver.

well, thanks for that information.... But this 69 + year old mind appears to be too full too input very much more.... Why can things not work the first time? Or at least out of the box...... FORTRAN and Pascal were not user friendly, but once they were ready to use, we used them.

the ali editor for the microhd isn't as good as the one for the Manhattan. I was manually adding in a channel last night for both receivers that was H264 and AC-3. I tried to use the ali editor for the microHD and didn't find a place to enter that the video type or audio type. I ended up using the "recommended" editor for the microhd (the mediabox editor studio) that had those fields to set and uploaded the new user file into the microhd but a lot of satellite settings and even my list of active satellites got messed up so there might be data format incompatibilites with the mediabox editor studio and microhd latest version).

went to the manhattan to define the same channel manually using the ali editor -- the only one I know of for that box -- and found my video type field and audio type field and had no problems with the edit and reupload to the manhattan.

I don't know why the ali editor for the microhd is missing a few of the configuration fields that the manhattan ali editor has or why the channel add/edit fields are arranged differently...

If both ALI Editors are on the same computer or you are sharing files between receivers the editors may have referenced the incorrect script. The microHD editor has fields for setting h.264 and audio types. Make sure that the STB type in the microHD script is set to M3601.

MES will activate satellites during import. The unwanted satellites need to be deactivated by turning off the LNB power The MES team is now working on increased compatibility on file imports from the microHD to support all User file fields. The export of MES satellte/transponder/channel/switch/motor data appears to be fully implemented. So if it is correctly configured in MES, it should export with same function.

Last edited:
If both ALI Editors are on the same computer or you are sharing files between receivers the editors may have referenced the incorrect script. The microHD editor has fields for setting h.264 and audio types. Make sure that the STB type in the microHD script is set to M3601.

I had your ali editor installed only on my system for the last 1-2 months and didn't see the h264/ac-3 description fields.

Earlier this week I added the manhattan ali editor to this pc and had those fields.

Did you change the ali editor version in the link on the editors sticky since the release of the microhd? I know when the microhd first came out, I downloaded the microhd ali editor and that was what was on my PC. Not knowing what this "script" is all about (since I have only had to install and run the editor to launch it, not define any scripts), I decided to redownload and reinstall the microhd ali editor and as of this moment, I see in the microhd ali editor the fields for h264 video and ac-3 audio to be defined.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts