Alignment Issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AJQuinn82

Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
Illinois
Hey all. Just had my roof redone and the roofers detached the dish from the roof but reinstalled it. At first it did not work, but I was able to move the mast clamp to the right a tad and got a little signal. I have the HR44/500 Genie. Here are my readings below:
Satellite 101 Tuner 1:
1-8: 75 77 73 0 74 92 74 91
9-16: 76 80 75 0 76 94 74 93
17-24: 75 99 73 0 74 92 75 91
25-32: 71 99 71 80 74 92 73 94

None of my local channels are coming in either. Not sure what else to adjust as I tried to do the tilt up and down but signal will go out. Any help is appreciated.

Make sure the mast is level and mount is solid. Many times I see the roofers just slap it up there and it is all crooked. Don't trust the little bubble level inside the mast either. As long as it is level and the reflector isn't bent at all you shouldn't have to adjust the tilt (skew) or elevation (except that it has already been adjusted), only the azimuth.

Make sure the mast is level and mount is solid. Many times I see the roofers just slap it up there and it is all crooked. Don't trust the little bubble level inside the mast either. As long as it is level and the reflector isn't bent at all you shouldn't have to adjust the tilt (skew) or elevation (except that it has already been adjusted), only the azimuth.
Not true about elevation.. this dish needs to be dithered to achieve proper signal strength. Yes make sure everything is plumb.. and I've never had issues with the bubble and use one everyday several times a day. But your signals are way way off... 103 and 99 are the important ones. Your best bet it to call for a service call to have your dish repeaked.. or you can watch some videos on ka.ku dithering. Or search for self install tricks.

What .....if you've moved....and can't call for a tech to come out? Is there a way to find someone to do that?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)