Alignment Link for Dish500

cspiteri

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2004
I plan to do my own installation because I have a tile roof and don`t want to risk damage by an installer. I will be installing a Dish 500 (not 500+) with a DishPro Twin LNBf for 110 and 119. I haven`t been able to find a link for the alignment and installation procedures applicable to this specific configuration. I`m not sure which satellite to peak on as well as other alignment and installation information.
Thanks for your help.

Thanks for the link HIFI. I was hoping for something more detailed such as which satellite to optimize alignment and signal on. I have the AZ, EL & Skew settings.

You have to balance the signals from the two satellites by adjusting the azimuth and elevation and the skew if you have three.
Why are you not setting up to receive HD signals, too? Even if you don't have an HDTV today, in a year or two you will want one.
The dish does not have to be on the roof. You can get a pole mount in your yard, which makes tuning and fiddling a lot easier.
I have mine mounted on my rear wooden deck but then again I have a canyon for a neighbor that way. Snow removal is easy.
-Ken

cspiteri said:
I plan to do my own installation because I have a tile roof and don`t want to risk damage by an installer. I will be installing a Dish 500 (not 500+) with a DishPro Twin LNBf for 110 and 119. I haven`t been able to find a link for the alignment and installation procedures applicable to this specific configuration. I`m not sure which satellite to peak on as well as other alignment and installation information.
Thanks for your help.

FYI, it wouldnt be mounted into your tile if a DNS installer did it, (as in drilling). That is sooooo not allowed, DNS (Dishnetwork service) have about 8 different mounting types, one being a tile roof mount. It simply clamps on to the tile, no penetrations needed.

But good luck on your self install.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts