alignment problem

KenM37

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 27, 2005
I'm having some problems aligning my dish 500 with my 301 receiver. I can get the 119 sat ok but can't seem to get the 110. When I do a check switch it shows odd 129, even 129, odd 119, even 119. I know this means something to someone a lot smarter than me. I set the skew and elevation according to my zipcode. Am I to high or to low? left or right?
Thanks for the help...

KenM

Thanks!! Can you explain how you came up with those numbers? I'm trying to learn this whole satellite postioning measurements..

Thanks for the education..

KenM

your 119 shows in port2 depending on your exact location and dish it should be in 1.
here in the midwest 110 sits @ 44deg 119 sits @42 &129 sits @38
which means you are picking up 129 with the lnb side that you should be picking up119

thanks again... I live in the Northeast (New York) and am surprised I even see the 129. It comes up on the check switch but I see no signal strength on the tuning screen. Does the skew have any effect on tuning or is it just compensate for earth curve? Is the skew what allows one dish see two satellites?

KenM

how can I tell if the skew is correct? Is it critical to tuning/peaking the signal? is it something i should "tweak" for maximum signal (smoke)?

I really appreciate you taking the time to teach and explain this.

KenM

your skew settings can be found in your receivers menu 6 1 1 then go to peak angles set your zip code and select dish 500 and go to 119 and that should give you your correct settings and yes skew is important in finding sats on 500's looking for multiple sats

while it is important that the skew is right, generally you don't have to "tweak" the skew on a Dish 500... as long as the mast is plumb, set it to whatever the receiver says, and leave it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts