All 11 uplinked HD locals are available.........

Kevin Elm said:
Houston HD locals are not passing the closed captioning signal. Audio is not quite in sync either. Anyone else notice this?
This (the lack of captioning) is a disappointment. San Diego HD locals were available yesterday (Wednesday). For many of us Closed Captioning is necessary to appreciate the progamming. I'd hate to have to tune into the SD local channels to watch network. Especially after all the nonsense I had to go through to get my 622 installed.

Historically, Dish tech support has been less than helpful in addressing any issues regarding this issue. This same problem occured at my previous address where I could receive some of the OTA locals sans the captioning. Never was able to get ahold of anyone who could intelligently discuss this.

... rab
North San Diego County

Do you have to do anything to receive the channels if you already have Local SD channels? i.e. reset the receiver, call Dish Network, etc?

All up in Spokane!
txfeinbergs, I asked the same thing. Turns out that no, you don't have to do anything special. The HD's are on different channels. 6400 range for Spokane.
So, I have both SD and HD locals.
There is a noticable difference, but not a *POP* difference like watching Equator HD or something. I think that all has to do with the HD source (made for HD) though.... The picture is brighter on my projection CRT set too.

Bscolvin said:
what are the 11 new cities?

From BFG's sticky thread in the main Dish forum:

San Francisco/Oakland/San Jose, CA (2 Ind. @ 129w)
Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX
Houston, TX
Seattle/Tacoma, WA
Phoenix, AZ
Miami/Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Sacramento/Stockton/Modesto, CA (119w, WB Affil @ 129w)
Portland, OR
San Diego, CA
San Antonio, TX
Spokane, WA

NightRyder

NightRyder said:
From BFG's sticky thread in the main Dish forum:

San Francisco/Oakland/San Jose, CA (2 Ind. @ 129w)
Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX
Houston, TX
Seattle/Tacoma, WA
Phoenix, AZ
Miami/Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Sacramento/Stockton/Modesto, CA (119w, WB Affil @ 129w)
Portland, OR
San Diego, CA
San Antonio, TX
Spokane, WA

NightRyder

Correction to NightRyder's entry...

San Francisco is on 119w, not Sacramento
Sacramento is on 110 E*10, except WB which is on 129

The two SF stations listed on 129 are not available yet.

Remember you have to have one of the new ViP receivers that get MPEG4 to receive these new HD channels.

Larry
SF

Fgsilva said:
and online it says they we're also getting the WB HD??? :eek: Is that true?

Yes. It is up (6399). Could have been part of a package deal with its parent companyThere is a retransmission issue with Fox. D* is not carrying it right now either. The owners (Tribune) are negotiating consent right now. No idea how long it will take. I'm waiting for a phone call from someone regarding this.

Scott

Insteresting. Too bad I don't have the 622 from dish but the Tivo from D*. Now, I wonder if our local WB will be the one transmiting CW when it comes online? I hope it isn't cause I get pretty unstable reception OTA with it but awesome reception for UPN.

teachsac said:
Yes. It is up (6399). Could have been part of a package deal with its parent companyThere is a retransmission issue with Fox. D* is not carrying it right now either. The owners (Tribune) are negotiating consent right now. No idea how long it will take. I'm waiting for a phone call from someone regarding this.

Scott

Yeah!!! :hungry: No more dropping of the signal when I'm watching Smallvile!!! Now the WB won't be called WB anymore right? I wonder what kind of programming they'll have...:confused:

teachsac said:
KMAX31 will be the CW station. WB is planning their programming and will announce it sometime this summer.

Kirby Baker said:
But when will it be? It was on the slate in the Tech chat, and no mention was made that it would be delayed significantly from the other 11 cities, right?
They said 11 but showed 15. We'll have to wait and see if Detroit, Indianapolis, Raleigh and St Louis are really the next to be uplinked.

Yeah I think WB is mergeing with someone. I noticed on the last uplink report there were alot of cities locals being moved around. What cities do we think will be next??? It looks like they are doing between 9-11 cities at a time now so there are not too many cities left on the overall list. Also for those who just got their locals in HD please let us know what you think so far and congrats!! :)

This is all that is left.

Future planned markets
Cleveland Memphis
Austin
Baltimore Detroit Milwaukee Pittsburgh
Greenville, SC
Buffalo New Orleans Providence Springfield, MO
Burlington Indianapolis Norfolk Raleigh St. Louis
Charlotte Jacksonville Tulsa
Cincinnati Oklahoma City
Louisville Orlando

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)