All American Direct Channels PQ

Buzzdar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 5, 2006
USA
As of this evening i have noticed that the PQ is much better than it has been in the past month. that is using my 625 and this is just my opinion. anyone else think it is better?

Looks even better to me since I had them turned off on my 622 dvrs.:p

Seriously if they ever do HD like the guy told me when I cancelled my account, I would resubscribe in a minute. But till then I wait .

Not good

They turned on ABC for me as part of a promo and the PQ is worse than any SD that I have.

I have not noticed any picture improvements. Hopefully they will add the HD feed soon or I will probably cancel.

I have not noticed any picture improvements. Hopefully they will add the HD feed soon or I will probably cancel.

Yes, but if they add HD feeds, you can be guaranteed that the price will increase for that option since they would have to lease additional space on a CONUS satellite for that. And based on the bandwidth required, looks like it would be 4 transponders (2 HD per Transponder x 8 Channels). They currently have one transponder (15) for all 8 SD channels.

Of course, the 2 HD per transponder is based on MPEG2 I believe so maybe MPEG4 will up the amount of channels.

Yeah, I figure there will be an additional charge if they offer the distants in HD. If the quality is acceptable, I do not have a problem with that.

Just got Fox and CBS from from American Direct. PQ is better than my locals offered by Dish. And yes I would pay a little extra to have those channels in HD.

i know i for one would pay more for the AAD channels in HD. i think i would give me even more reason to upgrade to HD since i do not that that as of yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)