All American Direct

The distants are the only way to get networks for some people and Dish will make sure they are made available thru this company one way or another. Also the PQ has been on par with most (not all) other SD channels for awhile now. As for turning them on - my guess is some of you are not bussiness people. Seems like every day some company or another offers a free trial period hoping once you use the product you will want to keep it. This in no way means they are having financial problems, instead sounds like a well run company. There are probably quite a few people that didn't know they could get distants,or just didn't take the time to get distants thru them.

I personally wish I could get the FOX from the San Francisco area but doubt it would happen -- so I haven't even tried. I enjoy watching the 49ers play and already have all of the Atlanta locals. I'm about 70 - 80 miles northeast of Atlanta. I can't even get a snowy signal from a rooftop antenna in my area -- but since I can get my locals through DISH, I think I'd probably be disqualified... :(

Cade

I am from NYC and enjoying the little that I watch from Atlanta,but the San Francisco stations I do enjoy.I wakeup at 10am east coast time and I just turn on the San Francisco Stations and enjoy watching all the news from out west...
Glad I am getting 8 stations and everyone call get all 8 stations if they tell AAD that they are living in a white area.....
I heard NPS is now wanting a Bill showing your address,only thing to do is make a copy of your phone bill and change your address and fax or mail it to them.......JT

i love watching the news. also makes it so much easier to be able to record onto DVR all of my favorite shows now i can watch them all. The white area rules.

And apparently, I'm in a white area. The trouble is that I already have all of the Atlanta networks through DISH but the automated system I filled out indicated that I could receive the San Francisco networks (but would have to take the Atlanta networks as well). I was tempted to drop my Atlanta networks and just order the superstations package in it's place -- for CW and WB networks.

Regardless, I loved my distant networks that I once had from L.A. and enjoyed all the news from out west. I'll definately enjoy the San Francisco networks -- I love the 49ers. I was only going to take the FOX but now that I know I can qualify for everything, I think I'll just take them.

Cade

any one else notice any better PQ for the distant networks.

No... I'm a bit disappointed with the networks but they serve the purpose I needed them to serve. I can now watch programs I miss here in Georgia a couple of hours later on the San Francisco networks. But man, they sure aren't a replacement to the Los Angeles locals. I'd sometimes even record the news in L.A.

I wonder if there is any possibility of a company like All American Direct deciding to carry distant networks from Los Angeles in the future? And, I know this may sound stupid (but hey, I am sort of new to all of this), but why Atlanta and San Francisco? Is it because they already had access and permission to carry these?

Cade

well the AAD channels are sure more clearer than my locals i receive from dish.the pq on those some times are not watchable.

what i dont understand i guess is that why does AAD have to provide there own signal for these stations when dish already does that. Why cant dish just sell AAD the channels that it wants they AAD just resell those channels would this not save space and be cheaper for everyone?

what i dont understand i guess is that why does AAD have to provide there own signal for these stations when dish already does that. Why cant dish just sell AAD the channels that it wants they AAD just resell those channels would this not save space and be cheaper for everyone?

E* does not have an agreement which allows them to sell the channels to another provider.

DISH si now prohibited from offering distant networks. They currently lease transponder space to AAD who uses those transponders to sell to DISH customers. Technically DISH is not involved in the transaction. If thety were it might bring the whole thing into question so they are keeping their distance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts