All American Direct

Stanleee

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 20, 2004
NY State
Are these people adding their services without contacting anyone to see if we want them? I have them without authorizing anything and just got billed. I don't want them. Should I not contact them like they didn't me and just not pay them?

someone had to give them your information and your receiver number/s they do not Just add these channels. If you are getting these channels and billed for them. Call them and cancel them if you do NOT want them..

I got Fox and NBC. Bill says if I don't pay by the end of the month. sevice will be automatically disconnected. Looks like you need to do nothing.

you are someone in your house must have signed up for this service they do not just turn them on for people

No one in the house ordered or gave information to All American Direct. Only other place that has that information would be Dish Network.

Trial

I had that for a while. They did send me a letter explaining it was a trial period and would end if I did not call them.

In early March I noticed that I had begun receiving Atlanta and San Francisco CBS & ABC. I wasn't sure what to think about it. After a couple of weeks I received a bill from All American Direct saying that as a courtesy they had requested waivers for me on my behalf. The letter said that if I wanted to keep the channels to pay the invoice, or if I didn't want to keep them, do nothing and they would be turned off.

IF they would do HD versions of the east /west coast networks I would sign back up gladly ! Their crappy sd channels suck in picture quality.

that is just awsome if they are doing that sounds like they are in the need of money.

Of course they are in need of money. I don't believe they are making enough to pay Charlie the trans. lease, much less the cost of uplinking these channels. I'm sure that's why they already had a price increase. The increase and the poor PQ,not the mention all the times there was nothing but a black screen when I tried to watch a show.

And for all those that think you have to call first and provide an OK or other info, you are mistaken.They are just turning the channels on and hoping you pay the bill. I think I will pass as I spend $100 as it is on programming and I don't get that much usable content.

I personally think that is a very interesting way to get people to pay for the channels. It sure is making it very easy for people to get the channels.does that mean they just sent out WAIVERS on behalf of everyone that has dishnetwork service? and if no responce after 30 days they just turn it on. that is how they do it. i know for a fact that if you request a waiver and NO responce after 30 days it will be turned on.. Very interesting way to get waivers approved. send thousands of waivers knowing small stations wont be able to handle that many requests. in a short time.

I applied back in January. My CBS waiver was denied. How long do you think I should wait to try again. Also, I sent a letter to the CBS affiliate that dnied me, but I don't think they understood what I told them. They said because I have Dish Network, I can no longer get Distant CBS. But Dish Network is not the one providing the service. It is NPS.

To make matters even crazier back in 2002, My CBS waiver was approved by the same CBS affiliate. What would you do. I wrote to my Congressman, but what else would anyone suggest?

They sent out legal waiver requests for anyone who had distant network service with Dish. Those who got channels approved saw them pop up on a trial period. If you didn't see channels pop up in your guide you were denied all waivers.

If you don't pay the charges by the billing date on the bill, they will turn off the channels automatically.

Isn't it about 5 months too late to start offering people Free Trials?

Providing distant networks is a loosing business venture, the dealers will not get involved with selling it due to the fact you cannot always guarantee the channels are available, and there is the risk of the customer disconnecting if they cannot get their channels.

Your target audience is the 300,000 customers who qualify for distants and that number shrinks every month as customers nauturally churn and switch services!

Unless American Direct goes full hd on their networks , I see no one that will keep them for long, due to the picture quality issues. I see them ending their agreement to lease this transponder or a change in the lease terms so they could save money. I don't see many people needing them anyway with all the instructions on how to "move" on all the sat web boards.

popasnoop... it's easy to move... go find a new house or apartment nar Providence, load all your stuff and move it there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)