All channels for cheap?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dcwebman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 21, 2006
Spring, TX
First, I have to warn you that this came from my ex-wife who is a techtard and clueless about anything financial. Anyway, she told me that she recently subscribed to DirecTV. We had it when we were married but she went to cable after the divorce while of course I stayed with D*.

She said that she got a 1 year subscription to all channels for $69 but she needed to pay $199 for the HD DVR. She also has 3 regular receivers. Fine, I can understand there's probably good promotional deals out there, but then the kicker was that she said when the year is over, that the subscription goes up to $89. Huh? For ALL channels including HD? She said it didn't include Sunday Ticket so I assume that means the other subscriptions too.

$89 just doesn't sound right to me so I needed to see if anybody else out there has heard of something like this. At least the Premier package is showing up for me at $99.99 plus $9.99 for HD.

Premier is $110 w/ HD, soon to be $115 (2/27)

She may have a $20/ month discount of some sort, perhaps a deal with a phone company or something?

$69 for premier is a common promo, but it varies how long, if I remember right.

Status
Please reply by conversation.