"All channels" will not stay selected in guide

I assume you have a 722. With that model the last update changed to where you can't keep it on all channels.

You can still access the All Channels list, but the guide will default back to My Channels once it is closed. This is to help our customers see what is available with the package they subscribe to.

You can still access the All Channels list, but the guide will default back to My Channels once it is closed. This is to help our customers see what is available with the package they subscribe to.

Would you request it be left at the last guide viewed. My wife is not happy about this change.

Yep I agree with gdarwin.The wife and myself both prefer the All channel list as the main default.I understand they are trying to simplify it for new or novice customers but for advanced or longtime customers this is annoying.At least give us a choice as to which guide we prefer as the default.

It's a small thing, but has to be among the dumbest things Dish has done.

At least give us a choice as to which guide we prefer as the default.
I agree. Can we have an option? Maybe just default it to act the way it does now, but give us the option to leave "All Channels" in the guide.

It's still better in it's current state though than a lot of the cable cos' primitive receivers that ONLY show all channels, including ones you don't have. Not even an option to just show the ones you have.

I may be old and slow.. But why would you want to see channels you don't get? Heck, mine never leaves the "MY HD Channels" list. I don't even want to know what comes on on the SD Channels. :)

I may be old and slow.. But why would you want to see channels you don't get? Heck, mine never leaves the "MY HD Channels" list. I don't even want to know what comes on on the SD Channels. :)

We don't see the channels we don't get.Spent quite a bit of time blocking/locking the channels we don't watch or don't subscribe to.The green color with the blue background doesn't look good on our tv either.The dark blue color of the all channels is easier to see plus its prettier.;)

Just a guess here -- I could also see where customers were attempting to tune to a red or light green (unsubscribed) channel, and getting launched into the Interactive Customer Support screen where they could upgrade their package. Maybe there was an aggravation factor of not knowing how to get out of "Interactive" mode. :confused:

I've been watching this thread and in my case, both my receivers (722 and 211) will stay on the All Channel guide after they reboot overnight.

They broke it in the L750 722K update, and I'm assuming the L723 722 update. My 722(still on L722) is OK for now as well, the 722K doesn't even stay on "all channels" between button presses.

I never received L723, but I did get L724 last night. Maybe that's a fix for this issue?? I never had the issue so I'll have to check later if it's there or not...

Of course you might want channels you don't get in the guide, just not all the time for some. I often look at the movies being shown on Starz for instance, and if I see several good ones for the month I consider adding it. It's a quick easy way to see what is listed on a channel I don't get to see if I might be interested.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts