All Cubs & White Sox Games in HD

talljoel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
This may be old news; but it was new to me.

This season all Cubs & White Sox Games ( Home & Away ) will be broadcast in HD. All the baseball games televised by Comcast SportsNet Chicago, WGN and WCIU will be in HD.

The above information was in Ed Sherman's February 8, 2008 column in the Chicago Tribune and was confirmed by an email form Comcast SportsNet and WGN's web site.

Dish customers will need an OTA to see the games on WGN and WCIU in HD.

I realize there are a lot of people wanting different HD channels. I believe Superstation WGN began broadcasting in HD sometime in November. U.S. Celluar and Wrigley sure do look nice in HD, is there any chance that Dish will pick up this HD channel?

I'm not counting on E* to add WGN HD at least for another year, which is why I just called Comcast to have them come install basic cable so that I can pick up WGN and WCIU HD.

I'm not counting on E* to add WGN HD at least for another year, which is why I just called Comcast to have them come install basic cable so that I can pick up WGN and WCIU HD.

I am a Cub fan who lives in St. Louis so I will watch the Cubs and Sox on MLB TV, but I am happy for those of you in Second City!

When I left Comcast a year ago they did not have WCIU HD. They added it this January.

If you have an OTA there is need to go with cable to get WGN HD and WCIU HD

Will the HD feeds be available on Dish? They seem to have their own plans sometimes. If so, that will be very nice, especially for us White Sox fans that have most of the games on CSN.

Will the HD feeds be available on Dish? They seem to have their own plans sometimes. If so, that will be very nice, especially for us White Sox fans that have most of the games on CSN.

Not anytime "soon". They won't have the capacity to even consider that until 2009.

By the way, OTA is much better PQ than getting locals through Dish. No rain fade, either.

I have both WCIU and WGN on OTA via Dish. (Both are at considerably stronger than our local CBS affiliate surprisingly enough, but I digress...)

I was watching the Sox games last season in HD on WCIU. It was quite surprising to see that was in HD.

Given that our WGN is linked to the CW network and offers a lot of HD programming, I'm very surprised that Dish has taken so long to add the HD version of Channel 9. (Even their reruns of 2 1/2 Men are in HD.)

This may be old news; but it was new to me.

This season all Cubs & White Sox Games ( Home & Away ) will be broadcast in HD. All the baseball games televised by Comcast SportsNet Chicago, WGN and WCIU will be in HD.

The above information was in Ed Sherman's February 8, 2008 column in the Chicago Tribune and was confirmed by an email form Comcast SportsNet and WGN's web site.

Dish customers will need an OTA to see the games on WGN and WCIU in HD.

Not anytime "soon". They won't have the capacity to even consider that until 2009.

By the way, OTA is much better PQ than getting locals through Dish. No rain fade, either.

Unfortunately, I am a little too far away to pick up Chicago OTA and the Mrs. doesn't want me to put up an outdoor one. Gotta rely on Dish for Chicago locals.

I believe Superstation WGN began broadcasting in HD sometime in November. U.S. Celluar and Wrigley sure do look nice in HD, is there any chance that Dish will pick up this HD channel?
I just got my cable installed on Friday, but from what I've seen so far WGN broadcasts very little programming in HD. The audio has also been out of sync constantly.

I wish CSNHD was on 61.5 cause even tho I am in southern Wisconsin I get CSN as my local RSN. Can't get 129 too many trees. Why the hell is it on 129 anyways? All the side locals for Chicago are on 61.5 aren't they? Or are they spotbeam now?

Yea i heard this too. It sucks that I live in Rockford and cant pick up Chi locals with my OTA. Oh well. GO SOX!!

Anyone in the far SW suburbs have any luck with WGN and WCIU HD via OTA? I am near Rt 47 and Rt 34 in the Oswego/Yorkville/Plano area. I'm also in a townhouse with varying restrictions with what I can/can't do. I believe my regular Dish is all I can have on the roof. Is indoor out of the question this far SW?

Dodge, Don't forget about 2005 too soon. I agree with your statement for the northsiders, but I don't want to get into a Cubs-Sox battle here.

Mark,
I live in LaPorte County, Indiana. Will the attic antennas get a signal 60+ miles away?

Anyone in the far SW suburbs have any luck with WGN and WCIU HD via OTA? I am near Rt 47 and Rt 34 in the Oswego/Yorkville/Plano area. I'm also in a townhouse with varying restrictions with what I can/can't do. I believe my regular Dish is all I can have on the roof. Is indoor out of the question this far SW?

I live down in Manteno, And WGNDT is one of my strongest signals, Also, WCIU comes in very reliably. I havae a channelmaster 4228 outside. Also, To the person who said that WGN doesnt show much HD. I dont know what your watching but WGN shows a butload of HD. All the primetime programming from the CW is in hd, Two and a half men is in HD allong with a few other programs. During the day there isnt much, but I dont think steve, and other talk show programs like maurie have made the switch yet to hd.

Also, im not having any audio issues here. You might want to call comcast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)