ALl DVR Events Gone, but I didn't delete them -- Help!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I wasn't speaking of making a backup of the external HDD. My point was, the external HDDs are probably more reliable than the ones crammed into DVRs. In post #35, the OP thinks he'll lose recordings on his EHD if his DVR dies,

"i didn't realize that i couldn't keep the recordings both on the internal hard drive and the external hard drive"

and then says this,

"...But, at least if I transfer some recordings to the EHD and keep others on the DVR, I'll effectively cut the chances of losing all my recordings in half."

The second comment is what I was referring to when I talked about how not to lose any recordings.

I wasn't speaking of making a backup of the external HDD. My point was, the external HDDs are probably more reliable than the ones crammed into DVRs. In post #35, the OP thinks he'll lose recordings on his EHD if his DVR dies,

"i didn't realize that i couldn't keep the recordings both on the internal hard drive and the external hard drive"

and then says this,

"...But, at least if I transfer some recordings to the EHD and keep others on the DVR, I'll effectively cut the chances of losing all my recordings in half."

The second comment is what I was referring to when I talked about how not to lose any recordings.

I agree. More reliable, because they are NOT spinning all the time. Indeed, mine are usually disconnected except when I need them.

You can use a program like Norton Ghost to clone the EHD and then you would have 2 identical copies of your programming.

Ghost is capable of doing a bit by bit copy of a HDD.

There are other programs that do the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)