ALl DVR Events Gone, but I didn't delete them -- Help!

I wasn't speaking of making a backup of the external HDD. My point was, the external HDDs are probably more reliable than the ones crammed into DVRs. In post #35, the OP thinks he'll lose recordings on his EHD if his DVR dies,

"i didn't realize that i couldn't keep the recordings both on the internal hard drive and the external hard drive"

and then says this,

"...But, at least if I transfer some recordings to the EHD and keep others on the DVR, I'll effectively cut the chances of losing all my recordings in half."

The second comment is what I was referring to when I talked about how not to lose any recordings.

I wasn't speaking of making a backup of the external HDD. My point was, the external HDDs are probably more reliable than the ones crammed into DVRs. In post #35, the OP thinks he'll lose recordings on his EHD if his DVR dies,

"i didn't realize that i couldn't keep the recordings both on the internal hard drive and the external hard drive"

and then says this,

"...But, at least if I transfer some recordings to the EHD and keep others on the DVR, I'll effectively cut the chances of losing all my recordings in half."

The second comment is what I was referring to when I talked about how not to lose any recordings.

I agree. More reliable, because they are NOT spinning all the time. Indeed, mine are usually disconnected except when I need them.

You can use a program like Norton Ghost to clone the EHD and then you would have 2 identical copies of your programming.

Ghost is capable of doing a bit by bit copy of a HDD.

There are other programs that do the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)