ALL EIGHT HARRY POTTER FILMS COMING TO ULTRA HD BLU-RAY™ IN 2017

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
harry-potter.jpg

ALL EIGHT HARRY POTTER FILMS COMING TO ULTRA HD BLU-RAY™ IN 2017
by Press Release on January 26, 2017 in

ENTIRE BELOVED FILM FRANCHISE TO BE AVAILABLE IN 4K RESOLUTION WITH HIGH DYNAMIC RANGE (HDR)

BURBANK, CA, MARCH XX, 2017 – Warner Bros. Home Entertainment announced today that all eight films in the popular and acclaimed Harry Potter series will be released on Ultra HD Blu-ray in 2017.

The last four films in the series will be released on March 28 and will include Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1, and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire will be available later in 2017.

http://referencehometheater.com/press-release/eight-harry-potter-films-coming-ultra-hd-blu-ray-2017/

It just reaches a point where you wonder how many times you are expected to buy a title. I think my record is 7 for Star Wars Episode 4. Even there, I keep the laserdisc active since it is the only one where "Han shoots first"

Heck, my copies of the first 3 HP movies are still DVD. I have felt no urge to upgrade, and definitely not to spend $400 to upgrade everything to UHD.

And this starts to be true in general. In order to upgrade, I need something that helps me become more lost within the movie. In most cases, I will notice a difference in the first few minutes and then become absorbed by the story. At that point, the format is less important as long as the copy is clean and of reasonable resolution. And although uhd is an improvement, it isn't game changing for most titles.

Reactions: Foxbat and teachsac
Going from DVD to blu was a no brainer, but not 1080p Blu to UHD.

I recently got rid of all my dvd's, and consolidated my Blu-rays into small case logic cd holders. So Im open to anything that left I had on DVD, and certain blu-ray upgrades, but not much. Ill buy plenty of new stuff though.

No, it doesn't make economic sense to me to replace many DVDs. Of course, it might be because of what I tend to watch. I expect, like most here, that you collection skews heavily toward action/adventure and modern horror. Mine is more light comedy and classic musicals. I replaced the best of these with BluRay over time, but frankly I don't think the original film elements from the 1940s Technicolor masters is going to benefit much from UHD. And much of this was in mono sound to boot.

We bought a copy of The Princess Bride on BluRay a couple of years ago. My daughter put it in the player and we started to watch. About a half hour in, I was complaining that the transfer was soft. I got up and discovered she had put in the DVD instead of the BluRay. The point is that the difference didn't immediately hit us, and we probably could have enjoyed the DVD just fine.

I guess I have reached an age where, while I appreciate tech, I don't absolutely have to have the latest in everything. I would never sell my DVD collection in bulk, only those titles I had replaced.

I've done Star Wars every time and I've upgraded almost all DVD's to BD but no more. I will buy 4K going forward on new releases but other than SW I won't be upgrading this time around.

Yeah I will get these for sure especially since I don't own any of them at this point.. :)

I will buy them if they are new transfers, but if they are more upconverts from a 2K source I will not, simple as that.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

I never really got into them like my kids did. I had issues understanding the heavy English accent. I kept saying what did they say....:what

Of course this comes after I jumped on the Black Friday Amazon HP Blur-ray edition! I shouldn't act so surprised.

And, yes, I have the Laserdisc release of "Star Wars", the Laserdisc collection of the "first" three "Star Wars" movies, the DVD collection of the first three "Star Wars", DVD release of "Star Wars: Phantom Menace", but at some point I said, "enough!"

Like my ears, my eyes are now starting to let me down. Ironic that by the time technology has brought HD and UHD to an affordable level, I can't appreciate the extra resolution like I would have enjoyed 30 years ago. Same thing with audio, I spent more money getting lower distortion levels and higher range speakers than I can appreciate now. If I had the money I have now to send back to 30-year old me, I'm sure I could have put it towards a better pair of speakers.

So, at some point, wealth, cost, technology, and biology all converge on the "Sweet Spot" of diminishing returns. Sure, my next TV purchase will be a 4K OLED, but my HD Samsung LED-backlit TV has to die first. And then will begin the process of replacing just about every piece of kit in my Entertainment Center. 4K requires UHD Blue-Ray, which requires 4K UHD-capable AVR, which would benefit from an Atmos set of speakers (or two) and so on and so forth.

It's like any home improvement project, it snowballs out of control!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts