All Good Things...

jpdubose

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2007
South Alabama
I was pretty pleased with last night's 2 hours. I think it was about as good a conclusion to the series as we could have hoped for.

And we're going to get more Jack. They definitely set up the movie.

Agree. I liked the ending. There were very few options available to end the series in my opinion. Since the movie option is on the table they couldn't kill Jack (my preferred ending). So leaving him injured and running from EVERYONE is the only way to do it (very similar to the way they ended season 4 where Jack ended up in Mexico at the start of season 5). The intensity of the show was really back for the last 4-5 hours. It was everything that made the show great.

This is one that I will really miss from my regular viewing. But as you say, all good things must come to an end.

Agree. I liked the ending. There were very few options available to end the series in my opinion. Since the movie option is on the table they couldn't kill Jack (my preferred ending). So leaving him injured and running from EVERYONE is the only way to do it (very similar to the way they ended season 4 where Jack ended up in Mexico at the start of season 5). The intensity of the show was really back for the last 4-5 hours. It was everything that made the show great.

This is one that I will really miss from my regular viewing. But as you say, all good things must come to an end.
I just recently started watching the show. I feel cheated. :eek:

At least you still get to experience all the seasons! Heck I'd kill for that experience again!

I had been recording all the episodes. My wife and I began watching this past weekend. We're doing 4 episodes in a sitting. 160 minutes is about all we can do at a time. Nice skipping through the commercials.

If you all really want a fix of 24, go to your Video rental and begin from season 1. We did that last summer. It took us a month to get through every episode.

Oh, I have them all on DVD. But it isn't the same the second time around. I found when I rewatched them with my girlfriend last summer that seasons 1-4 were long enough ago that I forgot quite a bit and it made it fun, but 5 and 6 I remembered basically all of it (we watched 7 live last year).

Oh, I have them all on DVD. But it isn't the same the second time around. I found when I rewatched them with my girlfriend last summer that seasons 1-4 were long enough ago that I forgot quite a bit and it made it fun, but 5 and 6 I remembered basically all of it (we watched 7 live last year).

I only started watching at season 6, and my wife at season 7. So now we are going back and watching 1-6 on netflix on demand. Enjoying it very much.

Anyone hear how the movie will be handled?

The concept of 24 hours in real time will have to be scrapped and tell the whole story in 1/18th the time. Should be an interesting writing challenge to make that switch. Do it wrong and the fan base will die off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)