ALL Hoppers will soon lose the ability to resume recordings in progress

I was very happy when Dish finally added the ability to resume an in-progress recording several years ago on my Hopper 1. Sad to hear they are dropping it in the new code.

I repeat on the Hopper3 (not Joey), pause, click input (PIP swap) on the side of the 52 remote, tune your other show. To go back click input again, the recording resumes playing where paused.

I repeat on the Hopper3 (not Joey), pause, click input (PIP swap) on the side of the 52 remote, tune your other show. To go back click input again, the recording resumes playing where paused.

I'm disappointed. The problem is pausing and resuming a recording program across different rooms. Within an hour the buffer and "join" works, but that's clunky and quite frankly, silly.

So I guess I'll stay with my HWS until forced onto the new CUI. Maybe an H4...?

Reactions: navychop
Yeah, this is really a flaw in what is supposed to be "whole house." I will be watching an in progress ball game or long news show or movie on one TV, move to another room, and I have only the choice of watching live or starting from the beginning.

What's odd is that the ability to resume a program that has been paused while the recording is in progress seems to exist on a device using DishAnywhere, so not sure why they can't do that on the actual H3 and Joey set up.

Now that I'll be on Carbon in a few days, does anyone knowing this issue was ever fixed? Or will my morning CBS news viewing room-to-room now be a pain?

My scenario is multiple football games recording on a bunch of the 16 channels. I want to switch between them while they are still recording and resume when I go back to a game I was previously viewing. Seems like a simple thing to do. Seems like they must be using a recording memory location for multiple things depending on whether the recording has finished.
You can do what you describe for a couple of games. While watching game A, pause, press input and watch another Game B when you want to check Game A, pause Game B and hit input. Game A will come up and resume playing. I do that watching a couple of favorite teams and when game A gets to the half, pause it and go to Game B and watch it till it get's to it half, switch back to Game A and skip through the half and resume watching. This is with the new interface. (Easier to do than explain it)

You can do what you describe for a couple of games. While watching game A, pause, press input and watch another Game B when you want to check Game A, pause Game B and hit input. Game A will come up and resume playing. I do that watching a couple of favorite teams and when game A gets to the half, pause it and go to Game B and watch it till it get's to it half, switch back to Game A and skip through the half and resume watching. This is with the new interface. (Easier to do than explain it)

That sounds like so much more of a pain than just Resume From Family Room or wherever. And what happens when it's from a recording or a recording in process?

So frustrating; I can Resume from a selected room only AFTER the recording has completed. Beyond silly and into dumb losing that capability with Carbon. I want to move from room to room WHILE it's recording!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts