All of NH residents to get WMUR Ch9.

n1wbd

Silent Key - RIP 1/2/2012
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Grafton,NH
Check out this link. http://www.house.gov/bass/pr_10062004.html

NH residents will be able to recieve WMUR Ch 9 anywhere with in the state regardless of what DMA you live in.

Now maybe WMUR will get a signal to Dish network so we can watch our local news from NH.

Bob N1WBD
Grafton,NH

GaryPen said:
What's the big deal with only having one network? You guys only have one television, right?

Actually 2 TV's. :)

I'm sick of hearing VT news I live in NH and want NH news.

This is true. Though I don't know all the specifics, I do know that one of the special provisions in the final bill was the one allowing the Manchester station to be carried throughout New Hampshire. (I think it was in the House-passed bill as well.)

RBBrittain said:
This is true. Though I don't know all the specifics, I do know that one of the special provisions in the final bill was the one allowing the Manchester station to be carried throughout New Hampshire. (I think it was in the House-passed bill as well.)

OT: But, how did you become a beta tester for Dish?

Bobby said:
He bought a receiver.... :D
Correction: I *leased* a receiver; 522's technically can't be bought (eBay and dealer liquidations notwithstanding). Let's just say the 522 has more than its share of bugs. Though I am NOT part of the group of SatelliteGuys members with 522's that E* recently recruited thru Scott to test bug fixes (I wasn't here that day); perhaps they're the REAL "522 beta testers" now...

Has anyone gotten a response from WMUR Ch 9 as regards to when they'll be on Dish. I've email them with no response.

Here's the response I received on 11/02:

"The local receive point for Dish network is located in southwest Boston.
Our signal at that location is very degraded.
We are working with Dish trying to get them to open another receive point,
closer to our location.
Negotiations are ongoing and, hopefully, I can give you good news soon.
Rest assured, we really desire to be on Dish Network, as well as DirecTV.
I hope this answers your question.
Nigel "

That's pretty interesting, since they can get Channel 50 in pretty good. Channel 9 has always had a pretty weak signal though.

Thanks GREATLY for the update!

Here's to Sitting Tight!!!

WMUR is on Boston DMA on D* on 101bird. Now that D* have Burlington, VT locals for Burlington DMA counties, still don't see channel 9 on local lineup.

Scence its on 101 satellite already shouldn't be too hard to add the channel 9 to Burlington LIL.

Actually if we could get channel 9 on satellite in this area(Burlington, DMA in NH), everyone who have cable now will swich to Satellite in a heart beat! They also need a few NH PBS station on this area as well.

ZawNH-VT said:
Scence its on 101 satellite already shouldn't be too hard to add the channel 9 to Burlington LIL.

That's the most interesting misspelling of the word "since" that I've ever seen. Sounds like a sexy perfume.

Not true

I am moving about 30 miles to the north in New Hampshire. I love my DirecTV and TVio but I may be forced to switch the cable or Dish.

I currently get the channels for the Boston / NH markets, however my new house is in the "Burlington, VT / Plattsburg, NY" market. (from the new house it is only 90 min drive to Boston, about 250 minute drive to Burlington). Now I won't even be able to get "local" weather.

Plus, this "market" requires me to put 2 dishes on my roof to get the locals!

The thing that really sucks is that my house is about 2 miles from the town/county line and the other towns (2miles east/ west/ or south) all get the Boston/NH market locals.

Anybody have any tips to fight this? Cable (Adelphia)gives the locals but costs a bunch more. Dish will give me the same choice for locals but I can also get feeds from UPN and WB as well and I only need to put one dish on the roof.

WMUR & Dish Newtork

Hello all
WMUR has been on Dish for about two or three months now. I receive it here in Merrimack, NH. It would not be hard for it to be added to the guys in the north. The only hitch is that you must be have a dish pointing at 61.5 to get it. All of the NH locals (except 1) are up on 61.5. Complain to dish that you want all your locals, and they will have someone come out and add an extra dish at no charge and point it at 61.5. Thanks.............

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts