All scheduled recordings are "No Info Available"

scubasau

Original poster
Nov 7, 2007
Just went into the DVR to watch a recorded show from last night and saw I had 10 conflicts and some crazy number of recordings. Going into the schedule gives me pages and pages of this:
P1000566.JPG

All these scheduled recordings appear to be for repeat shows (even though the timers are 'New Only') and for time slots that are completely incorrect. (like a 9pm - 2am recording for a 10pm 30min show)

Yesterday I looked at the scheduled recordings and everything looked fine. The program guide is fully populated for a week or more, so I know the info is available.

Any ideas? Wasn't able to find a similar thread after searching so I apologize if this is a duplicate.

So I found another thread about 722s with the same problem stating that a check switch would force a download and fix the issue. Tried this on the hopper with no luck.

My next plan of attack was to reset the Hopper. I pressed the reset switch, let it reboot and went into the daily schedule - which now had no conflicts or 'No Info Available' entries *because it deleted all my timers!!!!*

W.T.F.

Edit - OK, apparently there's some delay. All my timers came back. But everything is still 'No Info Available'

Edit 2: 'Exhausted all troubleshooting' with dish tech support. Removed all the crap scheduled recordings by deleting the timer and re-creating. It still shows those events as 'No Info Available' but at least it only records new episodes and with the correct time slot. Maybe the nightly update will magically fix everything :)

Last edited:
Well, I just tried one more hopper reboot since I had a timer about to fire in 30min. Just checked in and the timer is recording correctly and the future timers are now ok as well. Not sure if it was the third reboot that did it or a timer firing to trigger something.

I'm a dish tech and the only time I've run into this scenario was because of signal strength.
In that situation 129 had lost signal on the lnbf causing all the timers set to be recorded on that bird to fail and show "no info available" only on the timer schedule screen.

bpjester said:
I'm a dish tech and the only time I've run into this scenario was because of signal strength.
In that situation 129 had lost signal on the lnbf causing all the timers set to be recorded on that bird to fail and show "no info available" only on the timer schedule screen.

Seems somewhat plausible since it was cloudy and rainy all day and was clearing up when things got better. But I watched 129 sat during the day and never lost signal, and timers for things not on 129 showed now info. And the recent timers I had just added and showed correctly were actually on 129 as well.

This happened to me today. I called, and (hold onto your hats), he immediately said it was a bad hopper and they'll send me a new one. Onto my fourth, then. Had a different issue with the first two, and replacing them made absolutely zero difference.

DIRT, have any better ideas? I have a ton of recorded shows, and after several other debacles, no confidence that I'm going to be able to transfer them via hard drive to the next hopper.

pecochran said:
Thanks. I think that thread refers to the guide though. The guide is fine on mine. It's just the DVR recordings.

Never know until you try it!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)