all these different dishes & "moving"

nhs510

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 31, 2004
Wake Forest, NC
I finally set up an OTA antenna with my 722 today here in the Raleigh, NC area, so I decided to "move" to Atlanta so I can catch some additional NFL games.

So I go through the whole routine of "second home, already got the dish up, etc" - but the CS gal tells me I am required to have a new dish installed and she cannot change my service address without setting up this install. She said she had no choice, she could not bypass the install and just change the locals.

Is this because of all the various dishes being used now? I have a 1000.2 with 110, 119, 118.7 and 129.

Or do I just need to call back and get someone else?

Just looking for opinions. Thanks.

I finally set up an OTA antenna with my 722 today here in the Raleigh, NC area, so I decided to "move" to Atlanta so I can catch some additional NFL games.

Is this because of all the various dishes being used now? I have a 1000.2 with 110, 119, 118.7 and 129.

Or do I just need to call back and get someone else?

Just looking for opinions. Thanks.

DO the Atlanta spot beams hit your area?

A 1000.2 does not receive 118.7. You must have a 1000+.

Try calling back. People do it all the time moving back and forth from summer and winter homes.

Sorry - it must be the 1000+ then.

I may be on the edge of the Atlanta spotbeam, but I don't care really, because I am just looking to get the 4 major networks in HD off of 129.

Thanks for the reply.

Spotbeams on 129?

Sorry - it must be the 1000+ then.

I may be on the edge of the Atlanta spotbeam, but I don't care really, because I am just looking to get the 4 major networks in HD off of 129.

Thanks for the reply.

Didn't think there were spots on 129. Look at tp 12 on 129 and see if it is strong enough. That is Chicago and it is CONUS. For the Atlanta LIL on 129 the tp is 4. Advantage to Chi is it has the big 4 + CW.

The Atlanta locals are CONUS on 129. I know I don't need to change my setup to get the big 4 from Atlanta in HD. I just need to get around CS supposedly requiring a new dish install. I will try another rep. Thanks.

Got shot down again. I think it has to do with Atlanta being moved from Western Arc to Eastern Arc as of 10/22. For some reason, when I tell CS that I have dishes already set up to receive the right satellites, they say the local channels have migrated to new satellites recently and they must come out and put up a new dish. So it looks like they are trying to force me over to 61.5/72.7/77, even as an existing customer supposedly moving into the area, and their system must assume there's no way I bought and put up this new dish on my own...?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)