Alliance of American Football

That's in Europe (where no one cares about football), I'm talking about here.

Actually the WLAF had teams in Raleigh, Columbus, Orlando, Birmingham, San Antonio, Sacramento, and Montreal. Failed totally.

People are happy with football as presented. They are happy for it to end in late January/ early February and not return until fall. This failed, and XFL 2.0 will as well. People do not want more football.

Actually the WLAF had teams in Raleigh, Columbus, Orlando, Birmingham, San Antonio, Sacramento, and Montreal. Failed totally.

People are happy with football as presented. They are happy for it to end in late January/ early February and not return until fall. This failed, and XFL 2.0 will as well. People do not want more football.
I can do football 12 months a year ....

Desired business model was the challenge, not interest.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: madmadworld
I guess we can all look forward to the XFL starting up next year.

They've come out and said they won't be using the same "3 years out of high school" rule that the NFL uses, so it will make a good alternative for the players who aren't really college material (from an academic standpoint). So if it manages to survive past it's first season, that could make things very interesting.

XFL restates it's not restricted by eligibility rules
XFL Restates It is Not Restricted by NFL Eligibility Rules

The XFL isn't due to launch until February 2020, but the league appears to be making its pitch to football players seeking a pro alternative to the NFL. Specifically, players who would like to skip the collegiate game.

"The XFL's player eligibility guidelines are in development," an XFL spokesman told Pro Football Talk. "The XFL is not restricted by the rules that exist in other professional football leagues."

In December, XFL commissioner Oliver Luck told the Sports Business Radio Road Show that the league is "not subject" to the eligibility rules in place in the NFL, adding that, in theory, the XFL could select players directly from high school.

“But I wouldn’t rule it out,” Luck said, per PFT. “Nor would I rule out taking a player who played a year of college football and let’s say isn’t eligible academically, which happens. Or a player who is two years out of college, and is transferring, and would have to sit out a year. A lot of guys don’t want to. ... We are in that position to be able to take players who wouldn't be eligible to play in the NFL. ...

“But that’s an option that we have and we’re going to look at it long and hard. There are a lot off very good college players after a year or two who may not want to play that third year of college football, may need to earn a little money, support the family. That’s not uncommon as well.

The guy behind this USFL deal is behind The Spring League, which actually charges the players $2000 to try out and pays them nothing. Which has to be the sweetest business plan around.

It remains unclear if this is a real venture. It might just be some sort of rebranding of TSL, or a serious effort at a professional league. If it is the latter, it will join the WFL, USFL 1, CFL-USA, WLFAF, XFL 1, NFLE, AAF, and XFL 2, on the trash heap of history, as the American people are just fine with the NFL, September - February.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting different results.

Reactions: DWS44
The guy behind this USFL deal is behind The Spring League, which actually charges the players $2000 to try out and pays them nothing. Which has to be the sweetest business plan around.

It remains unclear if this is a real venture. It might just be some sort of rebranding of TSL, or a serious effort at a professional league. If it is the latter, it will join the WFL, USFL 1, CFL-USA, WLFAF, XFL 1, NFLE, AAF, and XFL 2, on the trash heap of history, as the American people are just fine with the NFL, September - February.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting different results.
It goes back a lot further than we thought.

Reactions: Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)