Allison Williams to Star as 'Peter Pan' in NBC's Live Production

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
The Girls actress will star in the title role of the live The Sound of Music follow-up, which NBC will broadcast on Dec. 4, NBC announced Wednesday morning.
She joins Christopher Walken, who was previously cast as Captain Hook.

“We couldn’t be happier that Allison Williams is our Peter Pan,” said Robert Greenblatt, chairman at NBC Entertainment. “She’s a lovely rising star on the award-winning show ‘Girls’ -- where she occasionally shows off her incredible vocal talent -- and we think she will bring the perfect blend of ‘boyish’ vulnerability and bravado to save the day against Christopher Walken’s powerful Captain Hook.”

Based on James M. Barrie's revered book and musical, NBC's new take on Peter Pan comes after the network in 1955 staged a live broadcast of the Broadway production of Peter Pan that opened in 1954. The show, starring Tony winners Mary Martin and Cyril Richard drew 65 million viewers -- the highest rating for a single night program at the time. NBC later broadcast the show live again in 1956 and 1960. It was also the first broadcast of a musical in color.

hollywoodreporter.com

I like the idea of Christopher Walken as Hook. Allison Williams as Peter----not so much.

When I read "Allison Williams" in the title, my dyslexic mind initially saw "Anson Williams". I thought to myself, "Potsie as Peter Pan? No way!" :)
I really wanted to see something like Bette Midler as Mame. Peter Pan is a story that never grabbed me. Not even when I was a kid.

You have now convinced me that Allison Williams is agood casting choice after all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)