Almost canned my D* service

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cablewithaview

Stand against retrans!!!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 18, 2005
DeKalb County, AL
Me and DirecTV has been in rounds for almost a year about my HD receiver not doing right. From the start my DVI output would quit working and my component would work for a while then it would die and go back to DVI. They kept telling me it would be another commitment and would be for two years instead of the one I am under now if they replaced the receiver. It's a Samsung receiver T360 which was purchased before they started leasing. I finally told DirecTV the other day to turn it off June 1st at the end of my contract since I continued to have problems, I was sick of it. Well, the guy I talked with the other day about this made me a deal, they would replace and upgrade my equipment without the 2 year commitment. I was actually surprised by this after all I had been going through with them. They came out and put in a AT9 and H 20 receiver, so far so good. I am the first in the area to have an AT9. Is DirecTV actually starting to care about there customer or is it a snowstorm? Only two things I wish I DirecTV would do, 1. is to carry the Voom HD 21 and 2. let me have the west coast feeds. I have my locals and I don't mind paying extra to have the west coast as well but no dice there. I am happy they finally resolved this issue. I was planning on going back to Echosatan but when offered no commitment and no money out of pocket, it's kinda of hard to turn it down. Since my Samsung is under warranty through Samsung, they will be refunding my money. Samsung does not have the parts, etc. to support the receiver anymore, so look like I am coming out good on this. My arguement with DirecTV was, if it such a good service, then why make someone sign another commitment if they are an exsisiting customer? Well there was no answer to that.

be careful, they might of lied about no contract. check mydirectv for a 2nd entry of annual comitment.

RIRWIN1983 said:
be careful, they might of lied about no contract. check mydirectv for a 2nd entry of annual comitment.

All I signed was the work order concerning the installers work and that was it. I didn't see anything about a commitment on site. Going under order numbers and info, it shows my original installation as an annual commitment but it does not reflect that under the new order.

cablewithaview said:
All I signed was the work order concerning the installers work and that was it. I didn't see anything about a commitment on site. Going under order numbers and info, it shows my original installation as an annual commitment but it does not reflect that under the new order.
Make sure you watch your accoutn online like a hawk. Will show up as a line item "Annual Commitment"

Tonedeaf said:
Make sure you watch your accoutn online like a hawk. Will show up as a line item "Annual Commitment"

as I said, when I first signed, I had a Samsung HD receiver and it shows annual commitment but the new one does not reflect that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts