Almost Got All the Birds in the Clarke Belt

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DocRobster

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Feb 28, 2007
Katy, TX
Well guys I got my Geosat/VisionSat motorized kit from SatelliteAV and with testing it on my deck over the last month, I have moved it to the roof last weekend with a homemade mount. I made dang sure it was plumb and then went to 95 (my TS) and got CCTV sited in. The satdishpointer website is really handy. They even have a setting for motorized setups. It worked! The only item i had to adjust was a couple of degrees up on the dish itself. I went west to each bird and BANG all are on! The only one was White Springs @ 129 and I then played with the skew. I move it a couple of degrees and it hit 60% quality. I was nervous that all other western birds would be messed up, but NO they got stronger. Now I went to all the eastern birds and they are ALL strong! This is fun! I have the entire belt dialed in except the circular ones and I really don't care for them. I made it to 58 degrees with Cubavision.

I am in Houston and I think I should be able to hit Intelsat 3R and Hispasat at 30. This is where i need the group's help. Can you hit those bird with a motorized setup or do they need separate manual dishes?

Also I forgot too add I carefully modified the FDU file with the buggy software and got all the birds entered. I download it to the receiver without any issues.

The main point is to make sure it is plumb! I really like the bubble gauge supplied it REALLY helps. Then adjust the skew on the end birds to tweak the final belt.

Thanks for the help guys!

Robert

43W (I3R) you should be able to hit no issues. Hispasat you should be able to too :)

I'm in Minnesota where the TS is 93W (so one sat away) and I can get 30W with my motorized (at 9 elevation). You may need to use Diseqc 1.2 and not USALS to get it there but it shuld work. Worst thing that happens is the motor "resets" back to the true south

So is it safe to have USALS on all the other birds and Diseqc 1.2 for the last two?

Also walk me through this.... I am thinking I hit 58 with USALS then switch to the 43 bird and do a manual move with Diseqc 1.2

I got Hisapsat @ 30 degrees. I still can't get Intelsat 3R @ 43 :(

That's awesome news

For Intelsat 3R Try the following data.

Freq 12050
Polarity H
Symbol Rate 23700

Basically some Italian channels

Looks like you got real good LOS in Katy , I knew you could pull that off ..... if I ever get a chance to visit my family in Houston I'm thinking I can get them going with a FTA setup too ...... not too far from you either (right off of Westheimer Rd.)

Any ideas?

Ok I still can't hit 43 degrees. i have even hit the one transponder of 45 degrees and the one transponder of 53 degrees.

Is 12050 H 23700 active?

Ok I still can't hit 43 degrees. i have even hit the one transponder of 45 degrees and the one transponder of 53 degrees.

Is 12050 H 23700 active?

That's odd ... you're hitting evrything but Intelsat 3R.

Looking at the footprint on Lyngsat .... I see that it could be a weaker signal in some parts of the U.S. , it be nice to get some input from fellow members in the LRGV area of Texas who may or may not be getting this bird.

I wonder how reception is up in Minnesota too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)