Almost had directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

maxkil41

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 11, 2006
Hello,

I had a terrible expercience while ordering directv.
They got my order wrong. I ordered 1 hd-dvr, 1 hd receiver, and 1 standard receiver. They ordered me 2 hd-dvr's. When I brought it to there attention they said my order had to be cancelled and I could reorder. During the reordering process the rep was charging me an extra $100.00 more than the previous rep. I told her to either give me the same deal or they could forget it. Guess I'm staying with Insight. Hopefully, I won't have to wait to long before my credit card is credited.

Maybe Directv

I e-mail Directv and told them if they want my business they would have to give me the original deal they billed me for and something extra. I wonder if they will go for it.

I wish you good luck.

But why didn't you just take the 2 HD DVRs? Much better then just 1 plus a standard HD receiver. Especially if you weren't going to be charged any extra. I woulda jumped all over the chance to get a 2nd one "by mistake" at no extra charge.

Call PlasmaConcepts and tell them your a SatelliteGuys member, they will take care of you and give you a better deal then what you were getting from DirecTV!

The e-mail confirmation confused me. They had two hd dvr's listed, and by one it said in paranthesis (Expanded HD Prog. Capable). I wasn't sure if they were both hd capable so I questioned it. Plus, I didn't want to pay an extra monthly dvr fee.

Here is a copy of Directv's e-mail.
I was also getting a $10.00 a month credit for 15 months. Plus, all their new customer promotions: free installation, free girft...

DIRECTV ORDER RECEIPT - PLEASE RETAIN FOR YOUR RECORDS

Qty. Description Each
1 DIRECTV HD-DVR System $199.00
1 DIRECTV® Satellite Dish $0.00
1 DIRECTV® 5-LNB Multi-Satellite Dish $0.00
1 DIRECTV® HD DVR (Expanded HD Prog. Capable) $0.00
1 NFL SUNDAY TICKET New Customer Offer: 4 Payments R61$0.00
1 PREMIER First 4 Months Free P2244/70 $0.00
1 Standard IRD $0.00

Installation Included $0.00
Handling and Delivery $0.00
Tax $16.42
Total $215.42

your experience with directv is pretty normal,directv is famous for terrible customer service and screwing up customers orders.i hear this same story about directv all the time.about 2 months ago MSN conducted a survey on companies that had the most customer service complaints,and sure enough directv was among the top ten.i have also discovered that directv is a lot of hot air when it comes to them bragging about thier HD TV offerings.dish network has 3 times the amount of HD that directv has,and dish networks model 622 HD reciever is rated much higher then what directv has to offer.i know of at least 3 households on my street alone that just in the last month has switched over to dish network from directv because of thier poor selection of HD CHANNELS .
i honestly do not know how they keep the customers they have.
DO NOT WALK BUT RUN AWAY FROM DIRECTV AS FAST AS YOU CAN,IN THE LONG RUN YOU WILL BE GLAD YOU DID.

Beagle, I hate to tell you but Dish is not any better than Directv. They all have their customer service issues but I have had much better luck with Directv than I ever had with Dish. At least with Directv you will get an English speaking CSR.

As far as the HD offerings Dish may have three times the HD offerings right now but if you don't watch them what good are they. The only channel that Dish has that Directv doesn't that I watched was National Geographic.

The 622 was a great DVR but I have not had any issues with the HR-20 right now either. Many of the differences between the two that makes the 622 better, I never even used. Also the 622 did not do me very good since I had to depend on 129 for my HD and local channels. I would lose this SAT with a small amount of cloud cover and it was even re-peaked by Dish.

So IMO all providers have their pro's and con's and you just have to choose which one makes you happy. In my instance Dish could not provide what I needed so they go the boot.

Dish has the worst customer service. THE WORST!!!! I found this out in the 1 1/2 months I've been with them. Its sad !I was on the phone yesterday to down grade my package ,And I could hardly understand what the hell they were saying. Not only that, I'd ask a question and it would be dead silent for a few seconds and the she'd say " Ok anything else" Not only did she not answer my question she didn't even hear it I repeated myself and question 3 times,before I got an answer. I"M this close to SMASHING every piece of my Dishnetwork Equipment!! I've made 3 calls to them in the last month and each call is more of A PAIN each time. I'm pissed right now with E*.I live in the USA I WANT AN ENGLISH SPEAKING REP. NOW. I've never had this problem with D*. All the HD in the world is not going to make me put up with this much longer.:mad:Theres a reason D* has 3 million more customers the E*, If I were you, I'd come to an agreement with Directv .Or go to cable!

Last edited:
Plus, I didn't want to pay an extra monthly dvr fee.

Ummm, you wouldn't. There is just one DVR fee, $5.99, and it covers *all* the DVRS you have. 1 DVR or 10, same price...$5.99.

You'd pay the $4.99 extra receiver fee, but you're paying that no matter what kind it is. Thus your monthly costs would be no different having 2 DVRs vs just 1 and a regular receiver.

your experience with directv is pretty normal,directv is famous for terrible customer service and screwing up customers orders.i hear this same story about directv all the time.about 2 months ago MSN conducted a survey on companies that had the most customer service complaints,and sure enough directv was among the top ten.i have also discovered that directv is a lot of hot air when it comes to them bragging about thier HD TV offerings.dish network has 3 times the amount of HD that directv has,and dish networks model 622 HD reciever is rated much higher then what directv has to offer.i know of at least 3 households on my street alone that just in the last month has switched over to dish network from directv because of thier poor selection of HD CHANNELS .
i honestly do not know how they keep the customers they have.
DO NOT WALK BUT RUN AWAY FROM DIRECTV AS FAST AS YOU CAN,IN THE LONG RUN YOU WILL BE GLAD YOU DID.

And the 622 is so good that there is a thread in the Dish HD section that is 51 pages long with nothing but problems about the 622. Don't believe me? Check out http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-hd-discussions/58689-622-running-bug-thread.html

Mighty fine unit, that 622 is.

I"m Done

The last e-mail I sent to Directv was to inform them that they can give me the original they promised and charged me for, plus something extra, or I am finsihed trying to order their service. I missed their phone call this morning and called them back. They started telling me that I wasn't properly charged in the first place. I told the rep no uncertain terms what they can do with their service. I done with them.

The last e-mail I sent to Directv was to inform them that they can give me the original they promised and charged me for, plus something extra, or I am finsihed trying to order their service. I missed their phone call this morning and called them back. They started telling me that I wasn't properly charged in the first place. I told the rep no uncertain terms what they can do with their service. I done with them.
Sorry to hear that. But if you looking toward E* your going to be even more upset when you get your first bill.Sorry but I can't recommend E* anymore.

What's up with E*?
Read post #11 Thats 1 of the biggest problems I have with them. There are a ton of fee's that just don't add up.Their website will not give complete access to everything you want to do.They charge you $5 everytime you downgrade + they still charge you $5-10 to make a programming change.Like switching between HBO and Starz. I,m mad !! I downgraded everything on E* to Dish family. Directv I upgraded to Premier Pack,and for doing so They gave me another HR -20 For $49 and with no Additional Time added to my cotract,""big deal though I still have 19 months on my old cotract""Plus $5 off per month. Just for some of the trouble D* gave me for the last few months.When I told them I'm thinking of Dropping E* thats when they gave me such a good deal.

Last edited:
I got E* when they first had the 211 and 622. I didn't want to pay the $300 for the 622. Later, they wouldn't let me upgrade to it without a commitment so I went back to Insight. They have a terrible picture and very little hd. Since I'm not getting directv I guess I'm stuck with them.

I agree with E* SD programming PQ. It worse then D* by far.There are some Die hard E* fans that so no way. But I've seen it first hand for the last month and a half.When all you have to do is push a buttom back an forth between the 2 is real easy to see a big difference.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts