Almost like getting new HD channels today

bowens

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 30, 2005
Florida
FoodHD and HGTV HD started showing the same schedule as their SD counterparts this morning. That's kind of like getting new HD channels. We'll see new shows in HD anyway. My wife is excited about seeing Rachel Ray which one episode today is showing HD in the guide.

Yeah good to see Networks starting to do this lets hope the rest will do the same as well when they can. Just think in the near future there will be no need for SD Channels anymore once all the main Networks get their HD Version of their channels up and running. It will be nice to be back to one format all HD .. :)

So, are they actually broadcasting any new shows in HD, or just the same ones they have been on the HD channels?

I was very glad to hear about this. It seemed like the HD only Food channel was mostly (higher quality) repeats anyway.

So, are they actually broadcasting any new shows in HD, or just the same ones they have been on the HD channels?

Well, I know Rachel Ray was not shown on FoodHD before and it is showing HD in the guide for this afternoon. Also, I think I saw Guy's Big Bite or something like that also in HD.

Well, I know Rachel Ray was not shown on FoodHD before and it is showing HD in the guide for this afternoon. Also, I think I saw Guy's Big Bite or something like that also in HD.

30 MINUTE MEALS has been on FoodHD since about January.

The bad thing is that they like to do the stretch o vision when it is not in hd.:(

I was hoping it would be like the Discovery channels when showing a non hd program.

FoodHD and HGTV HD started showing the same schedule as their SD counterparts this morning. That's kind of like getting new HD channels. We'll see new shows in HD anyway. My wife is excited about seeing Rachel Ray which one episode today is showing HD in the guide.

Look at this...... E* customers are so starved for new HD that this is almost as good as new HD channels.... Way to go Chuck:eek:

I look at this, in a way, like losing a channel!
Used to be there would be two different FoodTV shows to chose from at any given time.
Now there's just one. (usually we're watching FoodTV on TV2 of our 622, so HD vs SD is irrelavant)

Yeah, I know, I'm missing the whole spirit of the thing.
Never mind, I'll shut up now.

I look at this as losing 2 channels . Not adding new HD!

I look at this, in a way, like losing a channel!
Used to be there would be two different FoodTV shows to chose from at any given time.
Now there's just one. (usually we're watching FoodTV on TV2 of our 622, so HD vs SD is irrelavant).

Agreed. Plus, they used to show hd shows from Fine living network. Wont be seeing those anymore:(

Wake Up Guys,
There is no other way to look at this than, WE LOST TWO CHANNELS!!!

Maybe Dish will lower our rates. No new HD and we loose channels. Isn't it great?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)