Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
If you still have the grandfathered Absolute HD plan, take a note!

I called Dish to cancel Cinemax as my 1 penny promotion was about to expire. The operator who took my call (in India I suspect) quickly took care of that, but in the process she also dropped my Absolute package... CNN and other channels have disappeared from my on-screen guide while I was still on the phone.

I asked her to correct that, to bring my Absolute HD package back. She was unable to do that, because the package was no longer available and her computer wouldn't allow her to enter it. She said this plan was no longer available and offered me to switch to another plan. Boy I was mad!

To make the long story short, after spending half an hour on the phone, escalating the issue three times and listening to several different stories about why it is not possible to get the Absolute HD back, I have finally got it back! They have found a way to correct their own mistake.

Two things to learn from this story:

1. Be careful making any changes to your Premium channels when you have Absolute HD. Any such change can cause the loss of the Absolute plan.

2. If the Absolute HD plan is dropped by mistake, it is possible to get it back, but you must act quickly and be persistent. Do not take NO for an answer!

It was a close call. I thought I wasn't getting it back and was about to give up...

Years ago a dumb CSR lost my out of area nets in a similiar situation.

I couldnt get them back thru legit means so I MOVED.....

A couple of weeks ago I checked to see if I could get the locals added to my Absolute package for free. The first thing I stated was that I didn't want any change if it would affect my Absolute. They added the locals with no problem and no change to my package. I always do this with a chat instead of by phone so I'll have a record of any agreements.

Curious how many of us still have the Absolute package. Since I have the exact equipment and channels I want (actually more) I have no desire to change and there's no way we can ever match that price for what we get. That's why Dish would love to get us out of it.

....Curious how many of us still have the Absolute package. Since I have the exact equipment and channels I want (actually more) I have no desire to change and there's no way we can ever match that price for what we get. That's why Dish would love to get us out of it.
I agree. I was amazed when the EPIX and RETRO channels were added to dishHD Absolute. I just hope Dish keeps 'forgetting' about us :)

Talon Dancer

That's what they should do with us...offer a "new" group of HD channels for $x, the ok to add the "sports pack", etc. to get a few more $ from us, etc.

I agree, but only as an add-on choice. I am fine with the current package EXCEPT I would like my 2 RSN's and I would gladly pay $10/month for them (even if they are only part-time HD).

The day Dish discontinues HD Absolute is the day I discontinue Dish...:no

I agree, but only as an add-on choice. I am fine with the current package EXCEPT I would like my 2 RSN's and I would gladly pay $10/month for them (even if they are only part-time HD).

The day Dish discontinues HD Absolute is the day I discontinue Dish...:no

There was a lot of confusion about the multi-sports package when the Absolute came out. The CSRs (as usual) were telling people that it was available and could be added. I even have a chat with them verifying that, yet no one could get it. The Denver Office stated that it was a programming problem at the time and Fox wouldn't allow it on the Absolute package which sounded like BS since I couldn't understand why Fox Sports would pass up the revenue. Then they said it was a "technical" problem. Never made sense since it was added revenue and if it was feasible with all other packages why not with Absolute.

If anyone has a definitive answer I would sure like to hear it.

There was a lot of confusion about the multi-sports package when the Absolute came out. There was never any confusion The CSRs (as usual) were telling people that it was available and could be added. You should only deal with the executive office or at the very least an American .

If anyone has a definitive answer I would sure like to hear it.Answered years ago

Happen to me over night

I lost my Absolute over night last night. I "moved" for locals reasons. Things were fine till over night download and this AM a huge amount of programming had gone red. I went in via chat. I now do this rather than call & waste cell ph time. I also have a record of what took place when it happens too. Here is the chat session I had today.
Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...
Thank you for being a valued Dish Network customer. I will be happy to assist you today.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: My name is Jeremy and my operator id is ZA6. How may I help you today?
Me: My Absolute package is all messed up now. I moved to Dallas area yesterday and now many of my HD channels that I should be getting are coming up in red. I want it fixed put me back to Absolute package.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: I'll be happy to help you with this.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: Give me a few moments to research this further.
Me: I'm grandfather into it and the agent changed me out of the Absolute package.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: I understand, the package did change I'm looking into this.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: It will take me a couple minutes, I have to get with another source.
Me: OK but I expect this to be fixed and I'm a bit PO'd about it.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: I understand.
Me: I lost all the chs from 371 to 381 to start with not to mention others.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: Right, you were changed to a Dish America package.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: I'm working to get it changed back as there is no notes regarding the swap.
Me: Yes all I did was move areas & need locals chs fixed. I didn't agree to a package change.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: Right I understand, I have to go through some methods since the package is expired so it will take me a couple minutes.
Me: Am I going to run into this same problem when I drop the Max for a penney promo on the 9th. I've been told I have to wait till that date to do this.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: You should not.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: I can remove Cinemax now, but to keep it until the 9th you'd have to wait to then to remove it.
Me: I shouldn't have had it happen yesterday either but it did.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: I understand, the agent seemed to have made an error.
Me: OK I've got it written on calendar. So I can chat then on it.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: Yes.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: Give me a few more moments, we are having system issues, I'm trying to correct your monthly rate.
Me: I/m not going to pay me bill till then so it can be fixed at the correct price.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: Actually I think I see the issue.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: Give me a couple more minutes.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: I see why the agent had made the error.
Mel: I'm seeing less red in the guide I built for the chs I use. Thank you so far. Please put in notes to not kill my Absolute package again.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: Right you actually have both packages right now.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: I need to remove the other one.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: When I do our system forces me to remove Absolute.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: So it will be a moment.
Mel: Absolute is the best package E* has ever had.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: I understand.
Me: So can it be left as is to make sure absolute doesn't get killed again?
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: One moment.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: If I leave it as is you have to pay for both.
Me: Fix it some way I don't want to pay for 2 packages on 1 VIP 722k. That is just crazy.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: Right
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: I have it fixed.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: It just took some time.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: $62.99 for the monthly rate
Me: Co need to put this in notes so it doesn't happen again?
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: Does that sound right?
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: I'll note the account and forward up the issue that causes this.
Me: That sound close to correct.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: You will see some partial charges on your next bill since there was programming changes.
Me: Good on the noting & what it takes to fix it.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: But they will even out.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: Your next bill prints 8/20 for the period of 0/05 to 10/04. It will have partial charges from today to 09/04.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: 09/05.
Me: OK. So the bill will look strange?
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: Yes.
Mel: Thanks for the help.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: But it should not be any more, just some additions and subtractions due to the package change.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
Me: No you are done now thanks.
(04-03tu) Jeremy B.ZA6: Thank you for being a DISH Network customer, have a wonderful day!

So they put it back if you get a good rep.

I'm definitely for it. Have asked and been turned down on an add w/o changing from absolute.

Yeah, me too.

Dish doesn't consider Absolute to be a qualifying package, although I don't understand why since they created and offered the package. And by not allowing add-ons, they are foregoing additional revenue.

It doesn't make any sense to me. Why introduce a package and then state it is not a "qualifying package"? And they don't want additional revenue? I guess they don't want us to get too comfortable with the package and hope we will switch packages.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)