Already crashed my 622 more times than I can count

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mike123abc

Too many cables
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Norman, OK
My 921 never seemed to crash this much... Then again I did not get a 921 right away and they had a buch of bugs worked out.

Right now the 622 is very crash prone when:

1. Changing aspect ratios. Has crashed a bunch of times.

2. Don't play around with OTA too much

3. Just going to the locals menu (where you add OTA) can make it crash

4. Trying to view from beginning a show that is being recoreded. This crashed the machine and causes wierdness in the DVR list (causes the program to look like you lost all the beginning, but when you delete the short bit since reboot it then will find the rest that it had recoreded before).

One day I think it is nearing the # of crashes I have had with the 921

Geesh, I have had ZERO crashed (Although I have rebooted a couple of times do to a lip sync issue) but other then that it has been very stable.

I had the lip sync issue, but there is a menu item to fix it... changed it to standard definition lip sync and the problem never came back.

I guess I flip around channels too much... Kept flipping back to scifi and using zoom since they 16:9 their stuff too much then would go back to HD OTA. Kept crashing. It could just all be OTA that causes it.

Me also. They lockup and reboot themselves several times a day. Usually when watching a PVR'd event or going back and forth in the buffer.

I have had the most lockup/reboot when a PVR event finishes, where normally it would come up with the "event over" screen so you can delete it, etc. It hangs and reboots 5 out of 10 times.

Mine went to a black screen this morning wouldn't do nothing waited a few minutes then unpluged it and working fine for now hope it just a software thing

Don'tcha just love being a Dish Beta tester? :devil: I'm sure seeing a lot of reboot complaints here and on the other satelite webboard.

The 622 and 211 are both junk. My 211 freezes up at least once a day and ;it takes it 10 to 30 minutes to reboot, find the sat, and download the guide, right in the middle of my program.

I feel very sorry for your pain.

I have beta tested for Sony and JVC before, never again.

On the other hand i feel grateful for your input, thank you thank you thank you folks.

Stickin to the old 942. Well bought the 811 on an impulse but sold it for more than i paid.

Have the lousy 921 here but stickin with it due to the known "pay to be a beta tester" routine with this company.

The 921 has regressed to the bad old days with the guide getting fried on a daily basis now.......

All of a sudden the occasional ZSR doesn't seem so bad anymore when my recordings list keeps saying "Unknown Recorded Event".

My 622 should be getting installed tonight if my DVI-HDMI adapter shows up today like it is supposed to......

You will be pleased with the 622. To avoid crashes set up your local OTA HD channels and just avoid going near the menu again. Also be careful using format changes during trick plays. These areas are where I think it has the bugs.

Guys, go to MENU 6-1-3 and hit the "Counter" button. What does your line 4 read after the :? My new 622, after more than a week, has one reboot. My old 622 had 23 reboots after 3 days.

I think some 622s have a bad set of some hardware items.

gpflepsen said:
Guys, go to MENU 6-1-3 and hit the "Counter" button. What does your line 4 read after the :? My new 622, after more than a week, has one reboot. My old 622 had 23 reboots after 3 days.

I think some 622s have a bad set of some hardware items.

Checked Counter- 0 reboots. Unit has performed well so far except I too have seen the sound sync issue. I set the sound to SD so let's see if that does the trick.

I haven't had a reboot once on my 622. It has worked flawlessly. I've been lucky with my 921 as well, it was one the first batches released and have never had the problems some of the others have had.

Maybe I'm getting the bug free units that were meant for Charlie! :)

John Corn said:
Bob, my 622 is working good, it's been very stable just like my 942 was.

I got mine hooked up last night. One reboot happened during an attempt to switch the display from 480p to 1080i. The other happened when I tried changing the aspect ratio to stretch from normal. Many audio dropouts during 24 on the NYC Fox HD feed (about 3 half second drops a minute). I finally switched back to the SD feed in frustration.....

Otherwise I love the unit. ESPECIALLY the NBR options. Wow, I'm gonna fill this thing up quick......

angiodan said:
I haven't had a reboot once on my 622. It has worked flawlessly. I've been lucky with my 921 as well, it was one the first batches released and have never had the problems some of the others have had.

Maybe I'm getting the bug free units that were meant for Charlie! :)

My house is being run through 2 SW64s so my switches may be part of the problem..... I had an average amount of glitches with my 921 and looks like the trend is continuing with the 622. No major nightmares, but not exactly bug free either......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts