already have problems with my 4 day old 722

gpollock87

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
got my 722 last thursday and already having problems. one problem is when i bring up the VOD its freezes up and i have to do a hard reset, it let me finally get a movie last night but this morning it is doing the same thing, second problem is that tv 2 audio goes out just watching any channel and a hard reset will fix it, i talked to dish yesterday about the freezing and they said if it keeps doing it i will need another reciever

I also have the VoD freezing issue. Don't have any problems with TV2 audio though. I highly doubt your VoD issue needs a new receiver, because both of my 722ks do this off and on. Otherwise they're very stable. The VoD issue has been a problem for months now for me. I've almost given up on VoD.

I also have the VoD freezing issue. Don't have any problems with TV2 audio though. I highly doubt your VoD issue needs a new receiver, because both of my 722ks do this off and on. Otherwise they're very stable. The VoD issue has been a problem for months now for me. I've almost given up on VoD.

ok good to hear its not just me,but there are alot of VOD movies i want to see, going to talk to dish now about the tv 2 audio

It's a known issue with VoD. I see it freeze at almost every install I complete. Let's say 75% of the time. Not sure on the TV2 audio issues, I guess it could be a receiver issue. Overall though, the 722 models are pretty solid. Check into a EHD for potential future issues.

It's a known issue with VoD. I see it freeze at almost every install I complete. Let's say 75% of the time. Not sure on the TV2 audio issues, I guess it could be a receiver issue. Overall though, the 722 models are pretty solid. Check into a EHD for potential future issues.

yeah she said check all the connections to make sure they are tight,then she said they would be sending a replacement

Yep I figured it wasn't a hardware issue with my 722ks because they work great otherwise. I do wish they would fix the VoD though. I keep checking after each software update and even on L683 the issue is still there. As for the EHD, I've yet to have any issues with my EHDs, guess I should knock on wood.

Scott Greczkowski said:
If they fail they usually fail within the first 30 days. :)

Or the first 3 years. :eek: My 3 1/2 year old 722 had to be replaced this week after working perfectly for a long time. :(

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

I just replaced my 722 with a 722k, now i have audio drop outs and some very minor video blocking on every recording. I have great signal strength and my 211k hooked to the same dish does not have this audio problem. Anyone else having a similar problem. My 722 worked flawlessly until the fan went out and it overheated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts