AZBOX Alternate Firmware Status and Reviews

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

vc2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 3, 2008
I did a Google search for 3rd party firmware for the AZBox Premium / Elite.
These are some of the results that came back:

Prismcube
Neutrino
AZTrino
OpenRSi
Enigma2
OpenPLi
Android
Open AZBOX Mod (OAM2)

Does anybody know of a good AZBox support site or forum that is still active? Please post the links. I'm looking for reviews or discussions of 3rd party non-official firmware for the AZBox HD Premium?

Has anybody here tested recent versions of this firmware? The last time I checked, the 3rd party firmware was not up to par with the official factory firmware. It's been a year - has anything changed?

Unfortunately, none of the alternative firmware is or will be up to par with the original firmware in regards to Elite, Premium, Ultra and Premium HD Plus. These legacy AzBox HD models have a slower CPU than the current AzBox miniMe American Edition so it is more difficult to develop an optimized alternative firmware for them.

At the moment, we are doing the final testing on our upcoming miniMe firmware version but as soon as we are done doing that, we will look into releasing a new official firmware version for the older models in order to enhance performance and functionality. As usual, you will hear about it first right here on SatelliteGuys.us.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Last edited:
Unfortunately, none of the alternative firmware is or will be up to par with the original firmware in regards to Elite, Premium, Ultra and Premium HD Plus. These older AzBox HD models have a slower CPU than the current AzBox miniMe American Edition so it is more difficult to develop an optimized alternative firmware for them.

At the moment, we are doing the final testing on our upcoming miniMe firmware version but as soon as we are done doing that, we will look into releasing a new official firmware version for the older models in order to enhance performance and functionality. As usual, you will hear about it first right here on SatelliteGuys.us.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

I like the faster processor in the Me series. I was expecting Opensat to come out with a Dual Tuner (ATSC/QAM-DVBS2) version with the faster processor for North American market. I would really like an unencumbered ATSC networked DVR to record the local broadcast channels. Lack of functional ATSC firmware in my Premium HD is the biggest issue. Do the new owner's have any plans to expand the Me product line?

We will soon work on adding ATSC support to the miniMe American Edition but we first need to improve its core functionality as a satellite receiver.

Updates will be posted here as we make progress.

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

The miniMe only accommodates one tuner. How will you support ATSC. Will QAM be supported as well?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)