Am I being Charged Correctly?

bkushner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2005
Audubon, NJ
I have ONE 722...Paying the following. Is this correct? $13 for lease and service?

DISH NETWORK DVR SERVICEFEE 5.98
DISHHD ABSOLUTE WITH LOCALS 34.99
KTLA 1.50
LEASED RECEIVER FEE 7.00
Account Charges $ 49.47

Wish I had that bill! I have two 622's and I am getting charged just once...

$100BACK CREDIT 9 OF 10 - ADJUSTMENT-12.00
DHA LEASED RECEIVER 7.00
DHPP CREDIT 13 OF 18 - ADJUSTMENT -5.99
DIGITAL HOME ADVANTAGE PARTIAL MONTH(S) 07/02-07/22 -67.68
DIGITAL HOME ADVANTAGE PARTIAL MONTH(S) 07/02-07/22 72.41
DIGITAL HOME ADVANTAGE AMERICA'S EVERYTHING PAK WITH 106.98
DISH HOME PROTECTION PLAN (DHPP) 5.99
DISH NETWORK DVR SERVICEFEE 0.00
DISHHD ULTIMATE 20.00
HDBONUS CREDIT 9 OF 10 - ADJUSTMENT -10.00
MULTI SPORT 5.99
PENTHOUSE/TEN PACKAGE 39.99
PLAYBOY AND LOCALS 0.00

Account Charges $ 162.69
Total $ 162.69

Seems like a double dip. Your paying $7 for the receiver then $6 to use it?

Considering Dish does not pay any licensing fee for DVR software, it sure does seem like a double dip. Don't we all remember when Dish did not charge any DVR fee, years ago? Then they changed their mind about that. But, then again, Dish's DVR fee is about half of any other provider I know. However, if they should ever have to pay a licensing fee, (future Tivo lawsuit outcome?) then it would be a legitimate fee.

However, we can be certain that Charlie would argue that the DVR fee goes to fund all the engineering, etc. to bring us all the neat DVR features, and the lease fee is a separate matter of providing a DVR with either no upfront, or greatly reduced upfront cost. I'm giving you what I think Charlie would say. Please don't respond as if I believe those arguments. Thanks.

hey op, i dont think that the 7 fee should apply, you only have 1 receiver on the account, that is priced into the package deal, now if you have more than 1 you would have to pay seperate, yeah, call them up, that shouldnt be there :(

I have ONE 722...Paying the following. Is this correct? $13 for lease and service?

DISH NETWORK DVR SERVICEFEE 5.98
DISHHD ABSOLUTE WITH LOCALS 34.99
KTLA 1.50
LEASED RECEIVER FEE 7.00
Account Charges $ 49.47

bkushner, did you upgrade under diu (dishing it up) ? My understanding is that the subs who upgraded under diu to a dual tuner hd-dvr (a 622, 722) are subject to a monthly lease fee, it used to be $6 a month, increased to $7 a month the first of this year. I get dinged with the now $7 monthly lease fee for one 622 (only receiver on the acct). I believe the subs who don't hafta pay the lease fee on the first receiver are first time Dish customers. Looks like us existing subs aren't so lucky:( I've looked at the terms for upgrading to a 722 and the way I read it is as an existing sub I would still have to pay a lease fee, even if the 722 was the only receiver on the acct. And I also pay the 5.98 dvr fee each month. I've got the same package as you, but no ktla.

I'd been with Dish almost 10 years when I upgraded to a 622 AND a 722 last year through CEO. I pay ONE lease fee and ONE DVR fee (DVR Advantage).

Ed

This was thru DIU.

Last edited:
Isnt it a lease fee for the machine and a seperate HD enabling fee? Or is that included in the lease fee? I havent examined the bill in awhile except for a mysterious PPV that I think was bought by a neighbor.

I'm confused. On Dish's website, where they show the 3 possible HD packages, at the bottom it says :
DishHD programming is available only in conjunction with the following packages: America's Top 100, America's Top 200, America's Top 250, America's "Everything" Pak.

Yet, the original poster's bill doesn't show any of those packages.

I currently have a 622, Dish Home Advantage Top 100 and Dish Ultimate HD. Paying around $65 or so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts