am i crazy??122- Amacord??

rang1995

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 30, 2003
Bergen co NJ
this can be canned after an hour, but i was flipping and right now on 122 epics-lists AMACORD so does zap2it guide/ Either i am loosing it but amacord is a felini movie takes place in the 30's in italy and this is a more modern moviee in spanish...am i wrong? seeing things forgetfull? or does Voom rack the wrong film? :confused:

The Fellini move is Amarcord. Maybe Amacord is s similarly titled Spanish film. Just a guess.

rang1995 said:
this can be canned after an hour, but i was flipping and right now on 122 epics-lists AMACORD so does zap2it guide/ Either i am loosing it but amacord is a felini movie takes place in the 30's in italy and this is a more modern moviee in spanish...am i wrong? seeing things forgetfull? or does Voom rack the wrong film? :confused:
excuse my spelling should read "Amarcord " by fellini either way if my memory is right this isnt the right film(i stopped watching about 15 mins ago)

guide says--- Amarcord -maybe i've lost it but that was in spanish and not the movie i remember no big deal just funny IF they put the wrong movie up

So, I guess, no big deal that I missed it tonight ;)
Yes, Fellini's Amarcord takes place in a small Italian town (in fact, his home town, the way he remembers it) in 1930's. If you watched this movie in the past, I am sure you would have recognized it. So, may be it was a different movie indeed. (Or maybe it was Zap2it who messed up again...)

will be on again today @noon, will check to see if they have it right this time..again no big deal just funny..I DO know the original
review"A stunning, gorgeous work. The seemingly accidental colliding of scenes, which come and go as memories do, is what makes Fellini's Amarcord (I remember) such a perfect depiction of one's memories of youth. It feels like a collection of moments so bright and vibrant, that it is totally believable that it would be those that the central figure, Titta, would remember. Fellini remembers his own childhood, of course, through Titta in Amarcord, and the help of a lot of fantasy and fiction, which Fellini loves to deploy in order to reach penetrating truth. Rich colours, cinematography, and a beautiful Nino Rota score also help create the dreamlike feel of memory. Fellini had such a sense for movement - both of the camera, and for the arrangement of figures in the frame (also known as mise-en-scene), and though it is nearly impossible to pick a favourite Fellini work, this sense works here just as marvellously and hypnotically as it does in 8 1/2. Amarcord is an enrapturing film - truly a thing to behold
"

zap2it has wrong again, I think. The PG states "The Official Story" while zap2it states "Amarcord". Two thumbs down zap2it. Not the first time that it has been wrong about Epics show/movies.

Ok both sites now are updated, Zap and VOOM-so this was what was on last night..but the PG on tv last night-said Amaracord..i knew i wasn't crazy :)

Now the voom and zap2 it guides show it the right way retro-active to last night(you can still see last night's schedule) but list night they had it as Amaracord..oh well end of story!

rang1995 said:
Now the voom and zap2 it guides show it the right way retro-active to last night(you can still see last night's schedule) but list night they had it as Amaracord..oh well end of story!
I hope it will be back. I like Fellini! I watched most of his movies years ago. I can't say that Amarcord is my most faforite, but I would gladly watch it again.

Well, here comes one more false "Amarcord" on Epics :mad:
This time it is French "Pola X"...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)