Am I crazy or is Dish misleading me???

Fgsilva

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 10, 2004
Vallejo, CA
So, I've been with Dish (UNFORTUNATELY!!) for 10 months now. In the beginning I was stupid to not get a DVR (I had that option when I got my stuff) but last month I decided to get one. I called dish and they said I didn't qualify yet, cause it had to be a year, etc, etc. I checked with people here before and they said to check online under my account cause some of them had the the "dish'n it up" promotion. At that time I checked and I couldn't see that under my account. To my surprise today, I checked it again and the option was right there! when I logged on under my account and went to equipment upgrade there was a "lease option" link. under that link it said "equipment upgrade:lease offers". Then it went, "as a valued customer, you can choose from several receiver equipments..." and then it offered the 811, the dvr 510 and the 301, but up to 2 receivers only. Then it says to call dish or visit my retailer. When I called, I heard the same story: YOu don't qualify yet! I said "WHAT??? But it says online I do". NOWHERE online it says anything like "offer for qualifying customers only" or so. Am I reading it wrong? The CSR tried to say that "oh that ad is shown for all customer" I said, "it wasn't there last week under my account"!!!! And, I can only see that ad if I log on, so the offer HAS TO BE for me, meaning that I already qualified for it. Could it be that their online system got messed up and what they have over there when the CSR checks doesn't match what I have?

Thanks for any input!

Francisco

Looks like they must have changed the web site. I saw that too, and tried what you did. Dish says that I don't qualify for 2 more weeks. That change to the web site must have been global, like they said.

Scott Greczkowski said:
You can also purchase a DVR at any time and add it to your account. :)

I COULD, if they were not offering it as a lease and I WANTED to buy it ;) . right now, I'd like to have them get their act together and stop giving misleading messages. If in the link they said "call to see IF you qualify" I'd say no problem, but the way it is written with "as a valued customer, you CAN choose" it implies that I already qualify for the offer, doesn't it?

Anyway, bottom line is: dish sucks, and I can't wait for my year to come up and drop them! Then I'll probably be saying, DirectTV sucks, or voom sucks or... :D

Francisco

mwgiii said:
I would play CSR roulette.

Keep calling back until you get someone who will give you the deal.

Update:
Called a second CSR and he asked me to fax to his supervisor a printout of page with the upgrade info... Let's see if this will do any good, or if suddenly that link will disappear!!! Anybody in a similar situation should probably do the same cause there may be a chance of getting the upgrade.

Francisco

Fgsilva said:
Update:
Called a second CSR and he asked me to fax to his supervisor a printout of page with the upgrade info... Let's see if this will do any good, or if suddenly that link will disappear!!! Anybody in a similar situation should probably do the same cause there may be a chance of getting the upgrade.

Francisco

And the winner was: THE CUSTOMER!!!

Just got off the phone with one of their supervisors and I got the lease upgrade!! They will be coming on the 30th to install two DVRs!!! So, I guess they do listen if you talk to them loud enough!

Francisco

caesar gdi said:
now he loves dish ;)

HECK NO!!!! :D AFter all the time I spent on the phone, online to get them to honor their promise, I DESERVED to get it. Now, if they had offered me a lease offer for the 921 then it would have a been a different story ;)

Now get ready for all those new fees...

The dvr fee for 4.99 per dvr receiver if you don't sub to AEP.
The outlet fee if you don't keep it plugged into a phone line for 4.99 - if you are leasing a 522 dvr .
And if you are leasing it will cost you a penny more for the additional receiver for 5.00 instead of the 4.99 additional receiver fee.

Oh yeah ,you are going to love all the new fees to go with those new dvrs. Be carefull what you ask for , you might just get it. :p

MikeD-C05 said:
Now get ready for all those new fees...

The dvr fee for 4.99 per dvr receiver if you don't sub to AEP.
The outlet fee if you don't keep it plugged into a phone line for 4.99 - if you are leasing a 522 dvr .
And if you are leasing it will cost you a penny more for the additional receiver for 5.00 instead of the 4.99 additional receiver fee.

Oh yeah ,you are going to love all the new fees to go with those new dvrs. Be carefull what you ask for , you might just get it. :p

:shocked What???? :D Yep, I'm aware of the fees, but I still think it's worth it. Now it's time to sell my 301. They offered to take it back for a $25.00 credit. I almost took it, then when I checked online I saw it costs actually $100.00 for a new one! so, I think I may try to sell it on my own! Any takers?
Francisco

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)