Am I getting ripped off!?!?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

peterbwoj

Original poster
Jan 8, 2008
I work for a company that subcontracts work from ironwood communications, as a contractor. I have to pay for my own gas, cell phone, cable, fittings, flex clips, etc.. I'm getting paid 60 dollars for basic dish installs plus 15 bucks for every extra receiver . 70 bucks for the kaku (hd dish).
am I getting ripped off? does anybody know how much do Ironwood comm techs make and do they get their cable, fittings and gas and stuff like that for free? and does everybody have to get their work from Ironwood? or could you get them directly through direct tv?? need help and advice:mad:

I work for a company that subcontracts work from ironwood communications, as a contractor. I have to pay for my own gas, cell phone, cable, fittings, flex clips, etc.. I'm getting paid 60 dollars for basic dish installs plus 15 bucks for every extra receiver . 70 bucks for the kaku (hd dish).
am I getting ripped off? does anybody know how much do Ironwood comm techs make and do they get their cable, fittings and gas and stuff like that for free? and does everybody have to get their work from Ironwood? or could you get them directly through direct tv?? need help and advice:mad:

You may want to check out the installer zone here. I posted Ironwood's payscale a while back, but I don't remember in what thread it was.

Sounds right if you did not have to pay for your gas, but that depends are you market area. Here in Nebraska you could be driving 200 miles to do an install.

If you are performing a service, it should never come out of your own pay. If you are an independent contractor/HSP under contract maybe. But if you are employed by a HSP, I don't think you should have any expenses out of your pocket to benefit the HSP or DirecTV. How do you pay your bills? They are taking you for a ride. Talk about hustlers, that is what they are doing to you.

I would declare yourself an independent company and right off the costs on your taxes. So longs as you get your expenses back. Don't be a sucker.

:confused:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts