Am I off base here?

tcpuccio1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
Lancaster, NY
Question. I have a 942 receiver that is going to be obsolite before to long. But when? I can't get a staright answer from anyone at dish. I keep getting hate mail and recorded messages from them to surrender my reciever and upgrade to a new one.. I own this one. I do not have HD programming thru dish but I use the receiver to record over the air HD programming. I was looking into the dish'in it up promotion from dish network and upgrading to a 722 receiver. BUT I do not want to commit to a 24 month contract. I hope with in 2 years I will have fiber optic from Verizon "fios" where I can get my phone/tv/intenet all in one.. If I out right buy a 722 and just keep my top 150 package they are still going to charge me a HD fee and a DVR fee? Even if I keep it hooked up to a land line.. I currently do not have HD programming and I'm not charged an HD fee. I can't get a straight answer from dish as to what my bill would be if I owned the receiver and opted not to go with the HD programming. If I go with the promotion they have the receiver is $75.00? and an extra $14.00 a month?? $75.00 up front and $14.00 a month over 2 years is more than the price of a new receiver to buy out right. It's hard to understand the difference and Oh by the way if you call them you get a direct line to INDIA! What is the better way to go here.:confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)