Am I paying too much?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kelton325

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 6, 2006
Circleville, OH
I noticed some of the new Dish promotions are substantially cheaper than what I am now paying and am wondering if I should call and ask for a better deal. I am currently out of contract and just got done fighting a major battle to get my service back up after 2 installers couldn't get the 129 satellite to come in (I finally got it on my own).

What I saw being promoted was $29.99 for Bronze Plus, plus $10 for HD's. I am currently paying $39.99 for Bronze Plus, plus what looks to be two separate $10 HD charges. I also have DVR but don't see charges for those. The attachment is from my account screen showing what I'm paying for currently.

My main goal is to get ESPNs in HD, plus Big Ten Network HD, plus locals, with DVR. Any advice to cut some costs?

Attachments

• Dish.jpg
    Dish.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 288
Ok, you should be getting Platinum HD for free so here is what you do. Go back into your account and where the HD channels are listed click on none of the above and save that change. Then, go back into you account and add your HD channels back. When you do this the platinum channels will be included with all the other HD channels for only $10 per month. Also, currently E* is offering some customers a deal right now to knock $10 off per month for 12 months if you agree to another 24 month contract. If you are comfortable with that, log on and do a chat with them. If you have not received a post card from them about this promotion they may not give it to you but it does not hurt to ask. Either way you should be paying $10 less because Platinum HD is free now.

Interestingly, there was another post on the fee removal. I called dish and they told me this was not true. I do not understand their tactics. The rep did give me $5.00 off for 10 months.

Ok, you should be getting Platinum HD for free so here is what you do. Go back into your account and where the HD channels are listed click on none of the above and save that change. Then, go back into you account and add your HD channels back. When you do this the platinum channels will be included with all the other HD channels for only $10 per month. Also, currently E* is offering some customers a deal right now to knock $10 off per month for 12 months if you agree to another 24 month contract. If you are comfortable with that, log on and do a chat with them. If you have not received a post card from them about this promotion they may not give it to you but it does not hurt to ask. Either way you should be paying $10 less because Platinum HD is free now.

Have you done this?

I have Classic Gold 250, Gold HD, Platinum HD, HBO, Cinemax checked and greyed (penny promo) and multi sports channel. I am under contract. Should I just uncheck Plat. for 10 bucks less a month and will I have the same programming?

Here is the actual bill (2 dvr and one HD rec)

DishDVR Advantage Classic Silver 200 - You
Saved $0.98! 57.99
DishDVR Advantage - Adjustment -10.00
4 Premium Package 40.00
Multi Sport 5.99
DISH Home Protection Plan (DHPP) 5.99
Duo Receiver - (You Saved $5 With DishDVR Advantage!) 0.00
HD Solo Receiver 7.00
DVR Receiver 12.00
Jul 22 - Aug 12 Multi Sport 4.25
Jul 20 DishDVR Advantage Credit - Adjustment -3.00

If you are now paying $10 for Platinum HD, either call Dish or go online to chat with a rep. You can request to get the Platinum HD channels for free now. I did this a week ago and it was very simple online.

Have you done this?

I added the platinum channels for free via chat because I did not currently have them. This is workaround that has been discussed for days on end in the thread about the august first programming changes thread for people that had platinum before August 1st.

I was just reviewing my account online and had a thought. I do have the gold HD with the Plat +10. Buy just unclicking the box for Plat, shouldn't that take off the $10/mo fee, but I not lose any channels since they are under the gold.

Or am I over thinking this?

I was just reviewing my account online and had a thought. I do have the gold HD with the Plat +10. Buy just unclicking the box for Plat, shouldn't that take off the $10/mo fee, but I not lose any channels since they are under the gold.

Or am I over thinking this?
You will actually have to remove all HD programming and then add it back for platinum to be included with the other HD channels. When you add it back you will have no choice but to take the platinum channels along with the base HD channels because the are all included for $10 now. Unless, you have Turbo Gold you might want to stay where you are at because now platinum cannot be added at all to any turbo package.

Finally got around to taking everyone's advice... I went online and did a chat with a very nice rep (Hasibpah) and asked what I was getting for the $10 platinum charge... heexplained it. I then asked how I could lower my bill and that I had heard from others that Platinum was being offered for free now. He then offered to give it to me for free since I "have been a good Dish Network customer". Apparently you have to push just a touch to get it knocked off, but it wasn't too painful.

Thanks everyone for the great tips!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)