Am I the only having problems with the My Programming button on Dish website?

Darrell S

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Parts Unknown
It just gives me a url rejected message and a support code. It also says contact admin. I tried in 3 different browsers. I guess it's under maintenance or Charlie is just messing with me.

Reactions: pattykay
I had the same issue a day or two ago. Thought it was just an update time so I tried the next day and it was still there. Went to a different browser and worked fine. So it just wasn't you that saw that!

Reactions: pattykay
It just gives me a url rejected message and a support code. It also says contact admin. I tried in 3 different browsers. I guess it's under maintenance or Charlie is just messing with me.
I am glad that it is not just me. I have been seeing this exact same thing at least once per week lately, but only in Firefox. For me, this same issue also affects My Equipment. I can go to that page just fine, and can even click the button to turn receivers on/off. (This option is only available for purchased receivers, and may require the account to be a Dish Outdoor (RV) type account.) I can try to make changes on my list of receivers, but when I click on the button to submit the change, I get the url rejected error message. Then, the same thing also happens on the My Programming button. I can log out of mydish, and then I try it again with Chrome instead. On Chrome, it works just fine. After successfully making a change in Chrome, I can go back to Firefox later in the day and it will work there also.

I had assumed that Dish was trying to crack down on people who were using the mydish site too frequently to make changes, such as constantly adding and removing either receivers or add-on programming packages (or both) to avoid paying for them. So, I am trying to use Chrome sparingly, to avoid having that specific browser and my IP address or my laptop (or however they determine frequent usage from a specific device, cookies maybe?) getting blacklisted and locked out. I haven't tried Edge yet, so I will still have that as a backup if Chrome starts giving me the same problem.

It occurred to me that Dish may indeed be reprogramming the My Programming section of the site, to prepare for the launch of HBO and Cinemax. Perhaps some browsers were jumping the gun, and displaying those options too early? So, Dish had to shut down that button at certain times in certain browsers, to avoid making those options available to add before they actually are launched.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)