Amarillo TX HD Locals

FletchUAVDrvr

Original poster
Jan 3, 2008
Anyone have any info on possible uplink of Amarillo TX locals in HD? I just moved to Eastern NM from Vegas, and given the convenient DMA rules I receive Amarillo locals instead of Albuquerque. NASCAR just won't be the same in SD! Thanks.

We are in Clovis and there are a few stations from Albuquerque, but none of them are pushing HD. We get a handful of Digital Signals. It's just frustrating cause I live in NM, Dish offers Albuquerque locals in HD, but because of how some lines are drawn they won't turn them on. I have read about "moving" but am not going to go to those lengths just for HD programming.

Some lines

We are in Clovis and there are a few stations from Albuquerque, but none of them are pushing HD. We get a handful of Digital Signals. It's just frustrating cause I live in NM, Dish offers Albuquerque locals in HD, but because of how some lines are drawn they won't turn them on. I have read about "moving" but am not going to go to those lengths just for HD programming.

"Some lines" you are referring to are there because the Amarillo TV stations put in translators to get a signal to Clovis where as Albuquerque would not. As far as when E* will carry them in HD can't tell you that part. I know that KFDA (CBS) doesn't have a contract with E* to be carried in Hd that is the same for all of the Drewey Communications stations like the one I work at in Midland, TX. Those will come up at the end of the year.

Does anyone know the status of the Satellite Bill that would allow folks in my situation to choose which stations they receive? I live in NM but am forced to get locals from TX. I get almost 50% signal strength from the TP which carries the Albuquerque HD locals.

Oh yeah

Not sure anyone would want to see "Doppler" Dave in HD anyway... ;)

Well that might be a little scary alright. He isn't that pretty live either but he does do a good forecast. Now if Amarillo did get all the staions up in HD you could watch Joh Harris at KVII he just as good as Dave and more fun to be around.

..you could watch Joh Harris at KVII he just as good as Dave and more fun to be around.

John Harris moved to KVII now?

Change your service address to one that's just across the county line that's in ABQ's DMA. I have some family in Des Moines NM that had to do that. Clovis is under both spot beams so you should be good.

Yep

John Harris moved to KVII now?

Change your service address to one that's just across the county line that's in ABQ's DMA. I have some family in Des Moines NM that had to do that. Clovis is under both spot beams so you should be good.

John went to 7 when they offered him Chief Meteorologist over there. He left about a month or 2 before I transferred to sister station here in Midland KWES. He really was the better of the 2 as far as I was concerned. That was about a year ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts