Amazon Alexa can now control DVRs for DirecTV, Dish Network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
came upon my twitter feed today :)

A new addition to Amazon’s Video Skills API has enabled Amazon assistant Alexa to record TV shows on DirecTV, TiVo, Dish and Verizon services through voice commands.

In a post on its Alexa developer blog, Amazon said the additions—supported by updates from the video service providers—deepen Alexa’s interface with video content and services, letting customers find and consume video content, launch apps and control playback “without lifting a finger.”

Amazon Alexa can now control DVRs for DirecTV, Dish Network | FierceCable

Reactions: charlesrshell
I don’t see DirecTV or TiVo on my Alexa app. When should the update come so I can use them?

TiVo you can use IFTTT to set up triggers and other things. TiVo hasn’t released anything else yet for channel changing. You have to pair your TiVo to your IFTTT account through the IFTTT app on the TiVo.

I’ve set up triggers for certain favorite channels.

Alexa trigger abc or Alexa trigger hgtv will change the channels to whatever is named. You have to set it up with the channels and channel numbers in the IFTTT app. This works on gen3 or gen4 OS. Auto skip through IFTTT, currently only works on gen4 Hydra OS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)