Amazon Internal Policy Update (no more price adjustment refunds)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
First it was 30 days then 7 days and now no more. Good old days.

Amazon used to have some great deals but they are fewer and fewer it seems now.
The last two items bought from Amazon they seemed to ship them from across the country and took close to 2 weeks to arrive.
Guess it was because I would not pay the $99.00 for prime so now they lose more and more business as I go other routes that are increasingly becoming cheaper for me.
I visit Amazon for the reviews on products but if more people leave them those may end up being less. :(

Even if you pay for prime still not as good as before. Their prices were unbeatable before. No tax and now plus tax plus they got tricky in years. You buy something for $20 and even before e they ship it , less then five minutes price down to $15. Cant cancel it because at that second they update to prepare for shipping.... You have to return it to get a refund....sad loved amazon before but they are getting worse and worse.

Completely opposite experience here.

After many years I decided to get new home office furniture. Purchased a Bush L desk and bookshelf on Amazon from a third party retailer. Ordered both on a Monday, and they came on Thursday. The desk is a little smaller than my previous one so I just ordered the matching lateral file to extend the desk so I can place my printer and maybe subwoofer on it. This was purchased through Amazon directly since (even with tax) they were over $50 cheaper than the place I got the desk and bookshelf from. I ordered the lateral file on Saturday night, specifically chose the SuperSaver free shipping (what’s that usually 6-8 business days?) and upon looking at the status, it’s due to arrive tomorrow. Total weight just under 100 lbs.

I typically purchase items on Amazon from third party sellers who are located outside of NY State to avoid paying sales tax and have never had an issue. On the rare occasion I buy on Amazon directly, never had an issue either. I always choose the cheapest shipping method and am just about always surprised with how fast things come. I’m not 2 years old, I don’t need the instant gratification of having everything NOW! So I have no interest in Prime, when I usually get everything within 3 days, 4 at the most. Last year when I ordered a battery changer for my camera, it was supposed to arrive on a Monday, it actually came on a Sunday believe it or not.

When I ordered my new desk, I also ordered another monitor, to go along with my other two. Since like I said this desk is slightly smaller, it turns out I don’t have enough room for three 27” displays amongst all of my other crap. The return was simple and painless. I was emailed a prepaid label, stuck it on the box, gave it to our UPS driver at work the next day and within 3 days my credit card was reimbursed.

I came back to this thread, because I thought I remembered someone posting that Amazon no longer does price adjustment after an item is purchased if price goes down :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)