Amazon Prime offers MLBTV now

camo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 11, 2010
Nebraska
This started in March 2019, I'm going to try the 7-day free trial. I'm not seeing the ability to watch recorded or non-live games and not sure if the Amazon subscription includes MLBTV access outside of Prime Video. If anyone has more information please post.
The reason I want to try is LG no longer supports MLBTV App so end up streaming on the computer or hooking up another streaming device (Roku, FireTv, Shield). I prefer using the LG TV UI and remote and not having 3rd party device for several reasons I won't go into here.

MLB.TV is now available on Amazon Prime Video Channels

Signed up and sent link with more information. Looks like the subscription is only available through Prime Video app and I don't see the ability to watch previous games or record games. A big disadvantage for most vs using the MLBTV app.

Quote:

Which devices can I watch MLB.TV on?
With your subscription, you can watch MLB.TV through the Prime Video app on more than 650 connected devices connected devices like Fire TV, compatible Smart TVs, tablets, and phones. You can also watch online at Amazon.com.

After subscription started, now have the record option along with the option to watch the previous recent game. You have a choice of home or away broadcast. The only option I see missing is the audio overlay I'll have to live without. Did I say how frustrating this LG C8 OLED TV is with motion control? Drives me nuts, I'll never own another OLED.

Update somehow my true motion was off so user settings were off. Fixed the motion issue on LG but still frustrating a TV this expensive you shouldn't have to mess with motion ever.

Have you been able to compare the stability of the streams through Amazon to those of the mlb.tv app itself? (On a mobile device, since your TV doesn’t support it)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)