Amazon Prime Will Stream Thursday Night Games

And yet prices still go up for the NFL. I'm surprised there isn't an add on the NFL logo yet.

Good news for cordcutters who have trouble getting the broadcast networks OTA.

That is the major point. Methinks Amazon is paying just to say it is involved in the NFL. These are the Thursday night games, which is the lowest rated games, in part because they are generally crappy team vs. crappy team, in part because they are played on 4 days rest, and in part because they face serious competiton, sports and non-sports, on other channels.

And these are game available FOR FREE via an OTA antenna. So we are talking about people who live far enough away from town to not be able to get OTA TV but in a big enough place to have internet good enough to stream live action HD. All dozen should be very happy.

Reactions: Yespage
That is the major point. Methinks Amazon is paying just to say it is involved in the NFL. These are the Thursday night games, which is the lowest rated games, in part because they are generally crappy team vs. crappy team, in part because they are played on 4 days rest, and in part because they face serious competiton, sports and non-sports, on other channels.

And these are game available FOR FREE via an OTA antenna. So we are talking about people who live far enough away from town to not be able to get OTA TV but in a big enough place to have internet good enough to stream live action HD. All dozen should be very happy.

If I didn't subscribe to Vue, I would watch these games on Amazon, assuming the stream quality was good. I live in a major metropolitan area and have trouble with OTA reception from towers 10 miles away.

I wonder if these can be streamed on mobile devices--a way of getting around Verizon's excusivity. I know I can watch NFL games on Vue on my mobile device if I'm on my home network.

But yes, I agree, Amazon paid through the nose for games no one cares about to say they have the NFL.

I wouldn't say they paid through the nose. I think ESPN (Disney) is paying over $100 million per MNF game!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts