Amazon Prime

lacubs

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 9, 2007
Erie, Pa
how made free trial do they let you have? i had a free trial last year or more , i keep getting email about trying Prime ? can i try it again ? will it warn me this is not a trial ?

thanks

AP is $100 a year. Actually it’s $99 plus tax. So it cost me about $107 and change.
That works out to about $9 a month which is pretty much in line with Netflix and Hulu pricing.

I’ve been using AP for several years and it’s well worth it to me as I buy a lot of stuff on Amazon.
It was worth it just to get the two day shipping in most things.
With the video and music services and a lot of free books, that’s just more bonus for me.

I don’t know if I would go for it strictly as a streaming service but it’s invaluable to me because of the shipping benefits.

how made free trial do they let you have? i had a free trial last year or more , i keep getting email about trying Prime ? can i try it again ? will it warn me this is not a trial ?

thanks

Try it and find out? I suspect you should be in the clear after 6 months

Free books to kindle? Ive had AP for 10 months now and always thought it was streaming service.
I think Its called kindle library..one book a month from a select list
Keep it as long as u want

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

i try it last night and it worked, so i reordered mind Madden XBOX ONE so hoping it will get here sooner

Free books to kindle? Ive had AP for 10 months now and always thought it was streaming service.

Actually, AP was for free, two day shipping on eligible items purchased via Amazon. The video streaming was later added as an additional benefit. Amazon recently added unlimited music streaming to the service.

Reactions: Dee_Ann
I'm a little ticked off at Amazon prime. There have been a few items that were sold under Prime but for some reason it ends up taking almost a week to get the item instead of 2 days. I'm going to have to start doing screen shots when I order so that I'll have proof.

I'm a little ticked off at Amazon prime. There have been a few items that were sold under Prime but for some reason it ends up taking almost a week to get the item instead of 2 days.
I've had that happen a time or two. Make sure you snap the screen that says "guaranteed delivery by" just before checkout rather than somewhere else. Some Prime stuff doesn't ship same day.

I'm not sure what they will offer as compensation.

We have a lousy mailman on our rural route. Some days, when the mood strikes him, he doesn't even come up here. It's not a federal holiday or anything, and there are 50+ homes on this road and 10 or so more in the cul-de-sac around the corner. No one can tell me that on the days where he doesn't show up that no one up here didn't have any mail at all. That's absurd.

My point being: I've had Prime items that were supposed to be here on a certain date and they occasionally are a day or two late - likely due to the mail guy taking a day off. Not saying this is why the johnnynobody's may be getting late Prime items...just saying what my late Prime items may be attributed to.

I'm a little ticked off at Amazon prime. There have been a few items that were sold under Prime but for some reason it ends up taking almost a week to get the item instead of 2 days. I'm going to have to start doing screen shots when I order so that I'll have proof.

As mentioned at checkout see the actual date. Prime contrary to popular belief does not mean two day shipping. Prime means there is no additional shipping cost, and will ship in two days if available for that item - if in stock and/or near enough to you. There are a few times an item is prime but not near where you are so it takes longer. You will see that at checkout. If at check out it shows a date and it isn't arriving in two business days or that date for me that would be extremely, highly unusual. We buy most everything from Amazon aside from groceries and a few household items, so over the years hundreds and hundreds of items. I can count on one hand when they did not arrive as it said at checkout. Their explanation of Prime shipping includes this;
  • Items sold by Amazon.com that are marked on the product page and at checkout.
I also know because I live both with one near by and one not nearby, if there is an actual full Amazon shipping/receiving store for some items it will arrive a day earlier than areas without one. (not to be confused with a simple Amazon locker location) In fact free one day shipping is much more available if there is one.

I'm sure that I checked for 2-day shipping but once I confirm I forget. So, I need to start doing screenshots so that I can complain. I was expecting a new SSD on Saturday but now I have to wait until Wednesday. If they're going to charge more money for Prime then I'm going to expect what is promised. I'm not real happy with streaming video from them either -I have a 300Mb internet connection but get occasional interrupted video.

There must be a lot of activity at Amazon today because I can't stream movies on any of my Roku devices. Sometimes I get a message that Amazon prime Video isn't available. I'm not a happy customer right now.

I'm not real happy with streaming video from them either -I have a 300Mb internet connection but get occasional interrupted video.
How is/are your streaming device(s) connected to the Internet?

How many other devices are also using this connection simultaneously?

I have a Roku 3 hardwired to my router at it never coughs with a ~30Mbps Internet connection. I would imagine that there is a huge number of people trying a 30 day Prime trial and this may be a problem until the new wears off or the trials expire.

How is/are your streaming device(s) connected to the Internet?

They are either hardwired or wifi to a 80211.ac router that is connected to the ISP via 300 Mb up and down. Speed test show that I have a 300 Mb connection. Unles wired, they all connect at 5 GHz.

How many other devices are also using this connection simultaneously?

I have 3 Roku's (Roku 2, Roku 4, and Roku Ultra). Usually, only one is actively streaming at any one time. Sometimes 2. This doesn't include 5 PC's, 2 desktops and 3 laptops. Maybe 2 PC's are streaming at the same time the Roku's are streaming. There are 3 smartphones also but rarely used for streaming. I did manage to stream Babylon 5 on one of my PC's, I didn't check the others. Streaming Netflix and NRA TV was no problem on any device, just Amazon Prime video.

I have a Roku 3 hardwired to my router at it never coughs with a ~30Mbps Internet connection. I would imagine that there is a huge number of people trying a 30 day Prime trial and this may be a problem until the new wears off or the trials expire.

Despite my 300 Mb connection, I occasionally have buffering issues on NRA TV. Maybe it's a router issue, maybe not. Maybe it's a Roku issue, maybe not. Not a big deal but NRA TV doesn't actually buffer their content so I miss some of the content.

I’ve had trouble searching using the mobile app on my iPhone.

What few “specials” I looked at failed to interest or impress me.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

They are either hardwired or wifi to a 80211.ac router that is connected to the ISP via 300 Mb up and down.
It isn't the modem connection that I'm worried about; it is how many devices that are sharing a Wi-fi connection. Wi-fi is all the rage, but it gets pokey when you have a lot of devices sharing the same radio. Wi-fi, like Ethernet hubs of old, only allows one device to talk at a time (per band). Mimo wireless allows you to use other channels but many devices don't support Mimo.

If you're downloading stuff creating a lot of traffic on a computer, tablet or phone, that takes big chunks out of Wi-fi bandwidth and that has nothing to do with your broadband connection.

As was speculated, Amazon probably had some issues with hundreds of new Prime customers and this is something we need to keep in the backs of our minds when assuming that OTT capacity is virtually unlimited. Few services have as much Internet bandwidth as Amazon and when their service suffers, it is because the technology is not entirely ready for the huge increases in traffic that lots of new OTT traffic brings.

You should get a confirmation email with every order, so you already have it on file.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)