Amazon Prime's annual fee increasing to $99 when you renew

Ouch. I don't have Prime, but my wife (via student account) does. I wonder if the student cost of Prime is also going up?

Considering what shipping cost have done it is not that out of line. If you use streaming it is a good deal too. Have been a Prime member for about 5 years and this increase will not change that.

Mine is just getting ready to renew in the next day or so. Received an email stating the price would go up to $99 on the next renewal 3/2015. I agree with the others, even at that price it is still a bargain.

Yeah, but free 2nd day shipping makes me feel like a god. :D

LOL so true. I used to think that free shipping is just fine why do I need 2-day free shipping? But once I have it... it is very hard to let go. Now when I order something (not from Amazon) that takes 5 days to get here.. I am thinking.. .geee this thing takes FOREVER to ship!

I'm getting annoyed with amazon because the last items i ordered i actually had to order one item from a seller and shipping was through USPS. The other two items were sold by Amazon and shipped Fed Ex smartpost. Well the items were ordered on Saturday, i received the USPS package on Monday and the Fedex/Post Office package arrived (two day prime) arrived Wednesday. I wish i could say this was the first time that this has happened to me but i ordered a video card that sat somewhere for a four days before it reached the carrier.

The $20 increase won't effect my decision to renew or cancel. I do watch some of the prime videos (they actually are adding content that netflix keeps losing like mgm, and viacom) Plus i more than likely get my money back with the prime two day shipping.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Last edited:
All the complaining ( mainly other threads) I have to give them a pat on the back. I ordered four keyed alike Padlocks about 3 PM on Thursday this week. The estimated delivery using prime was Saturday. Assumed that it "might" be Sat but most likely Monday and I was fine with that. At about 11:00 AM on Friday I had the box delivered UPS with my locks. I am in a small town near Omaha so not right across from some distribution center. Can not complain with less than a day delivery with my Prime.

I have yet to be disappointed with Prime shipping. Have had prime for well over a year. In fact, shipping is so good, I feel a little guilty not waiting for a larger order to purchase something.

As far as online, they stream well and do have a little bit of exclusive stuff like Scripps programming, though not as much now.

Mine is just getting ready to renew in the next day or so. Received an email stating the price would go up to $99 on the next renewal 3/2015. I agree with the others, even at that price it is still a bargain.

if you give yourself a gift prime subscription and set it for when your prime runs out and turn off auto renewal you can lock it one more year of prime at the current price.

if you give yourself a gift prime subscription and set it for when your prime runs out and turn off auto renewal you can lock it one more year of prime at the current price.

You saying I could extend it until March 2016?

Just checked bank & it's already showing the pending charge. It's $86.xx with tax.:(