Amazon Prime's first HDR videos are here

To bad my HU8550 don't support it. :(

One of these days I will order the evolution kit (when I have money) and then I will be able to watch the HDR content.

To bad my HU8550 don't support it. :(

One of these days I will order the evolution kit (when I have money) and then I will be able to watch the HDR content.

But should we wait and buy next years kit? It can only be that much better, right?

But should we wait and buy next years kit? It can only be that much better, right?
Yep 3500 (2015 evolution kit) Supports HDR
Just ordered one from Amazon for my 8550. Will be here Friday.

This years upgrade kit is supposedly leaps and bounds from last years kit.

Yeah I'm looking at the 65 inch JS8500 might be my next TV which already supports HDR.. :)

Yep 3500 (2015 evolution kit) Supports HDR
Just ordered one from Amazon for my 8550. Will be here Friday.

This years upgrade kit is supposedly leaps and bounds from last years kit.

The Samsung one connect box was delivered Friday for my Samsung 8550 (last years model). Was I impressed?
It's being shipped back tomorrow
The pq didn't improve. In fact it made it worse to my eyes. Tried watching Amazon Mozart that is encoded with HDR. Pq was so so which to me that is what most of Amazon 4k shows. Couldn't really detect the HDR which Samsung has not come out and said that this years one connect will deliver with older panels but many are only speculating it has HDR. Some have said the only way to watch the content with HDR is putting TV in dynamic mode since last years panels can't produce the brightness needed that this year panels can. Really? Everything will certainly show more brightness!! No way for me to watch tv.
I believe the questions still remain if this years OCB can deliver HDR and expanded color. At least not until we hear from Samsung themselves.

Last edited:
The Samsung one connect box was delivered Friday for my Samsung 8550 (last years model). Was I impressed?
It's being shipped back tomorrow
The pq didn't improve. In fact it made it worse to my eyes. Tried watching Amazon Mozart that is encoded with HDR. Pq was so so which to me that is what most of Amazon 4k shows. Couldn't really detect the HDR which Samsung has not come out and said that this years one connect will deliver with older panels but many are only speculating it has HDR. Some have said the only way to watch the content with HDR is putting TV in dynamic mode since last years panels can't produce the brightness needed that this year panels can. Really? Everything will certainly show more brightness!! No way for me to watch tv.
I believe the questions still remain if this years OCB can deliver HDR and expanded color. At least not until we hear from Samsung themselves.

Thanks for saving me $400!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)