Amazon reportedly wants to buy RadioShack stores to better compete with Apple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good article. Bottom paragraph:
Should Amazon lock in a deal for RadioShack's stores, it will mark the company's biggest foray into traditional brick-and-mortar retail, and — with the shells of a once-huge electrical retailer occupied by the company that helped force them out of the market — act as a fairly ironic reminder of the meteoric growth of internet shopping.

Reactions: FTA4PA
I must admit that I struggle to see what Amazon brings to the B&M party. What do they put into a Radio Shack sized store that could possibly represent their online catalog? It is kind of reminding me of those eBay stores that came and went a few years ago. At least they had a business model for people who were too dumb to list on eBay. It seems to me that if you are too dumb to order on Amazon, you simply go to Wally World.

Reactions: Ronnie-
I must admit that I struggle to see what Amazon brings to the B&M party. What do they put into a Radio Shack sized store that could possibly represent their online catalog? It is kind of reminding me of those eBay stores that came and went a few years ago. At least they had a business model for people who were too dumb to list on eBay. It seems to me that if you are too dumb to order on Amazon, you simply go to Wally World.

Perhaps they are planning to expand the Amazon labeled stuff beyond Kindles and tablets, etc.?

With Prime two day delivery I can't see myself using a B&M store much if at all.

Actually, they are in the process of opening a large distribution warehouse 30 miles from me. I am getting most stuff next day now, and once or twice have gotten it the same day when I order early in the morning.

Well I can see the states that don't collect sales tax from Amazon loving this idea. With RS's in every state even if all the stores sell just a token of what Amazon provides just having a presence in the state means sales tax $$ on all items sold in those B&Ms as well as online.

And I don't want to pick it up. That's why I use Amazon.

I heard on HBO Canada's Last Week show Sprint will buy the RS stores. Surprising they didn't turn them into The Source like what happened to the northern Radio Shacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts