Amazon Store Problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxbat

Addicted to new HW
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Michiana
I was trying to go to the Amazon Store to get the link for the Complete Blu-Ray collection of BSG (someone's birthday is coming up and I wanted to send my wife the link, hint. hint.) and it appears the SatelliteGuys.US Amazon Store is down. The top of the page is a bunch of PHP code (?) that indicates some errors:
Code:
Warning: simplexml_load_file() [function.simplexml-load-file]: ./cache/amazon_US_Electronics_Electronics_Slingbox_Theater_data.page_1:1: parser error : Document is empty in [path]/amazon_store.php on line 171

Warning: simplexml_load_file() [function.simplexml-load-file]: in [path]/amazon_store.php on line 171

Warning: simplexml_load_file() [function.simplexml-load-file]: ^ in [path]/amazon_store.php on line 171

Warning: simplexml_load_file() [function.simplexml-load-file]: ./cache/amazon_US_Electronics_Electronics_Slingbox_Theater_data.page_1:1: parser error : Start tag expected, '<' not found in [path]/amazon_store.php on line 171

Warning: simplexml_load_file() [function.simplexml-load-file]: in [path]/amazon_store.php on line 171

Warning: simplexml_load_file() [function.simplexml-load-file]: ^ in [path]/amazon_store.php on line 171

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/amazon_store.php on line 224
If I try to search, I get nothing but the errors above.

Help me, Obi Wan Kenobi; you're my only hope!
Oops, wrong franchise...

Well, I certainly didn't expect the Store to go away without any explanation... Will it be back, good as new, or wasn't it working out for the site, Scott?

Amazon discontinued the API the store used last week. The author of the plugin is not planning on rewriting it to work, so it has been removed.

It really didnt make anything for the site, some months we got $4 - $12 or so.

Amazon discontinued the API the store used last week. The author of the plugin is not planning on rewriting it to work, so it has been removed.

It really didnt make anything for the site, some months we got $4 - $12 or so.
That's too bad. Anytime I bought something from Amazon, I always used the SatelliteGuys.US Store link. I guess I should have ordered the BSG Blu-Ray box set last week. :(

If Amazon eliminated the API you were using, does that mean that there might be some other way to oder through Amazon and credit SatelliteGuys?

Thanks for the update, Scott!

Here is a simple way to do it..

Just click on any Amazon link posted at SatelliteGuys and anything you order from Amazon that day from that same browser will get us a credit for that purchase. :)

Here is an example link:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Battlestar-Galactica-Edward-James-Olmos/dp/B001993Y2C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1250970973&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (with Collectible Cylon) [Blu-ray]: Edward James Olmos, Mary McDonnell, Katee Sackhoff, Jamie Bamber, James Callis, Tricia Helfer, Callum Keith Rennie, Grace Park, Michael Hogan, Matthew Bennett, Paul Campbell, Aaron Douglas, Michael Rymer, Glen A. Larson, Ronald D. Moore: Movies & TV@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51dyDVf9iyL.@@AMEPARAM@@51dyDVf9iyL[/ame]

Yea! That's a solution I can live with!

Now, I just need to have my wife follow that link... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)