Amazon Tuesday-Only deal on 360 HD-DVD drive w/ Bourne Trilogy FREE!

shanewalker

Overall, an O.K. Guy
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 15, 2005
KC/MO!
So I got an e-mail from Amazon today describing their Dec. 17th/Tuesday-Only deal on the Xbox 360 HD-DVD drive. For one day only you also get the Bourne trilogy of films on HD-DVD bundled FREE w/ purchase. On top of the relatively recent price drop on the drive that's a pretty sweet deal--especially since...

You still get the free bundled "King Kong," and you also now qualify for the '5 free HD-DVDs' offer, too. Too bad these deals weren't available way back last year when I bought MY drive.

Go crazy, check it out, this is a great deal!

Attachments

• 360HD-DVDdealAtAmazon.jpg
    360HD-DVDdealAtAmazon.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 282
I cant use my XBOX360 HD DVD Drive on my XBOX360. My problem is my old XBOX360 died and I can't find the loader Disc for the HD DVD drive so my new XBOX360 wont see the HD DVD drive.

So I got an e-mail from Amazon today describing their Dec. 17th/Tuesday-Only deal on the Xbox 360 HD-DVD drive. For one day only you also get the Bourne trilogy of films on HD-DVD bundled FREE w/ purchase. On top of the relatively recent price drop on the drive that's a pretty sweet deal--especially since...

You still get the free bundled "King Kong," and you also now qualify for the '5 free HD-DVDs' offer, too. Too bad these deals weren't available way back last year when I bought MY drive.

Go crazy, check it out, this is a great deal!

Hopefully they'll do a better job fulfilling those than what I'm hearing that they're doing with people ordering the Bourne Trilogy by itself...

Wow, Scott, sorry to hear about the prob you're having w/ the add-on. I wonder if Microsoft would send you a replacement disc...seems they SHOULD, since you had to send THEM your 360 for repair/replacement ;).

And as to the probs w/ the 'Bourne Trilogy' shipments, what gives there? Amazon is usually on top of things (although things went a bit wonky w/ my recent order for a Kodak digital picture frame. They claimed it wouldn't ship out in time for Xmas, so I told them to ship it direct w/ gift wrap to my folks, adding $20 in needless taxes and wrapping fees to my order, only to have it ship out yesterday w/ two-day).

Not sure about cracking the case, but you CAN use it via USB on a PC w/ the driver patch for XP (and I think Vista) and a number of software players (I know it works w/ Cyberlink).

If you're looking for an internal, I'd suggest going the LG combo drive route...playback of both formats, record/archive to Bluray media (higher capacity). You can probably get the older (May release) cheaper now, as they just announced a newer faster version (that one's $400, should be able to get the older version for $250 if you look hard--there was a deal at Fry's a while back).

IMO, Xbox 360 add-on is a horrible player. If you don't have accoustical insulation in your entertainment center, don't buy it. The fan noise of the drive and the Xbox 360 running at 100% cpu decoding the HD DVDs is like a jet engine that drowns out all of the dialogue.

If you truly feel the need to be able to play the discs in the red cases, pick up a standalone.

IMO, Xbox 360 add-on is a horrible player. If you don't have accoustical insulation in your entertainment center, don't buy it. The fan noise of the drive and the Xbox 360 running at 100% cpu decoding the HD DVDs is like a jet engine that drowns out all of the dialogue.

If you truly feel the need to be able to play the discs in the red cases, pick up a standalone.

Indeed, it is NOT as whisper quite as the PS3, but you get used to it...esp. when its this cheap :D! I'm willing to live w/ a little fan noise until I get a nice little combo player/recorder. YMMV.

Already have one. It would be used for ripping only.

Hehehehehe, I bet it is a hoax!!! :D

It was definitely a bona fide Amazon mailer...hoping it was just a type-o on their part regarding the date. I noticed my OP was 'wrong' as to Tuesday's date...but thought it was my own error, not reflective of the e-mail copy. It was accurate--to the inaccuracy in the Amazon flyer.

I've passed this along to some interested parties I work with who may be jumping on this offer...I say stay optimistic out there and let us know if you snag this deal.

My Xbox HD drive is no louder than the fan kit on the Xbox360 I added, I just close the door on the ET center, it's not too bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts